My Barn

fmw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.foodieforums.com
Nothing special. Just a shot of my barn. She was built in 1856 and was kind enough to sit still for a portrait.

mybarn.jpg

I wish I had a barn. Trade you a crappy house in the suburbs for your barn

You just need to move a little further out. I bought this gentleman farm over 30 years ago. We used to keep horses but we're too old to mess with them any longer. We lease some of the land to a farmer who grows hay on it. Otherwise it is just home. It is a quiet and peaceful place. There are some downsides, though. No broadband internet, no natural gas; the nearest grocery store is 14 miles away. I like living in the country.

A well kept barn in the late afternoon, I like that! It looks very peacful and quiet indeed.

Nice barn. A lot of them around me are in disarray. Many in fallen down state. I would love to capture them but probably a little dangerous I suppose, don't want to get shot.

Nice barn. A lot of them around me are in disarray. Many in fallen down state. I would love to capture them but probably a little dangerous I suppose, don't want to get shot.

Knock on the door and ask. If you came to my door wanting to photograph the barn I wouldn't have any problem with it.

Knock on the door and ask. If you came to my door wanting to photograph the barn I wouldn't have any problem with it.
No press pass needed? You would adopt me because I'd have a Fuji hanging from my neck....

No press pass needed? You would adopt me because I'd have a Fuji hanging from my neck....
I would join you for the shoot with a fuji hanging from mine.

Love old barns. Only have one still standing, at one time there were 5, but time and storms have whittled them down. Won't be long till the last one is gone. Sadly they became impractical, with big metal buildings capable of housing the equipment of today's farms replacing them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back