My bf being silly...(Possibly nsfw)

AprilRamone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.apriloharephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got in my starter kit from Alien bees and I got the gigantic round softbox as well. I LOVE it. I'm so excited to have a real light:) My bf let me use him as a model so I could mess around with the light. I've discovered that the room that I'm using as a makeshift studio is not nearly large enough.

This one makes me laugh.
IMG_0293softwtextresized.jpg

O this photo makes me laugh too...

I suspect many studios that are just starting out are not large enough. I think you're doing fine, and I think it is big enough for a solid start.

Remember, when the shoot is done, all that is left is the pictures. The client may feel crowded for a bit, but then when they see the pictures, they will be happy and forget all about the size of the studio.

With your basic setup there, I think you could pay for the equipment you just bought in short order.

Use these shots and your self portraits from the other thread to get your portfolio started.

Thanks Jeremy. The studio is big enough to do ok shots of a maternity session with no more than 3 people (as long as one of them is a kid:) But, that's ok because I actually prefer to shoot on location using natural light. However, I got a studio light to help in case there just isn't enough natural light. I don't think I'll be using this shot for anything except to make my bf and I laugh. But, I may use my smiling self portrait for my about me page on my website.

well.... he's courageous. I'm sure he knew where this was gonna end up.

Yep, that's one of the reasons why I love him. He's not ashamed of himself and has a very good sense of humor. He let me post this to his myspace so even all of his friends would see it lol
One time we were at the drive thru and he told me he was going to shake the attendant's hand and he did and the look on that person's face was priceless. He's my best model to practice on because he always makes up tons of different poses and silly faces. Plus he thinks it's fun so that always helps.

Most reactions

Back