My car (LOTS!!!)

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2005 Pontiac Pursuit. I know theyre not great. This is try one and try two. I edited some (colour etc. One I tried to take out the houses behind it..im not done yet) This is the first real thing I've done in a long long time. :) It feels good.

I know the first one is blurry. If you have an opinion, go ahead. if not that's fine. I'm mainly just showing my progress.

TRY 2:

pursuit18.jpg

pursuit117.jpg

pursuit16.jpg

pursuit15.jpg

pursuit13.jpg

pursuit12.jpg

pursuit11.jpg

pursuit10.jpg

pursuit9.jpg

pursuit8.jpg

pursuit7.jpg

TRY 1:

pursuit6.jpg

pursuit5.jpg

pursuit4.jpg

pursuit3.jpg

pursuit2.jpg

pursuit1.jpg

Good attempts, I especially like #6.. however, if I may be so bold as to criticise, shots #1 and 3 (2 is a red X right now) have potential, but the car doesn't stand out at all. A diffused flash (I've even used worklights shone through a white blanket) would really make the car stand out from the background and get rid of the random shadows falling on the car.

One thing that may help...it usually looks better to have the front wheel facing away from you in frontal 3/4 shots and then when shooting from the rear, turn the wheel towards you so you are shooting at it straight on...

Here's an example...

Here it is facing the shot...

And here it is again facing the shot...from behind

Hope that helps...other than that...good pictures. :thumbup:

EDIT- Another thing that helps alot is making sure that the car doesn't have any distracting shadows on it.

EDIT 2 - Last time, I promise...One more thing you can do is try not to always center the car in the middle of the frame...you can always move it around.

(Car photography is something I love...)

Photong - Seems like a cool enough car. I don't care for the shadows on the car like someone else brought up.

Cesium 911 - You need to use a different resampling method when you resize your photos for the internet. Dunno what method you're using (bi-cubic?) but it's making your diagonal lines all jagged. Very distracting from the actual photos.

I know about the tire thing. It's something I needed to do and said "Screw that until next time"

Croesus-I don't have any 'worklights' of any sort. I don't know what type you're talking about :(

jadin-I don't like them at all either. it was difficult just getting myself and my camera out of the way lol

I'm going to try again sometime soon. So keep a look out ;) And thank you.

photong said:
I don't have any 'worklights' of any sort. I don't know what type you're talking about :(
Best $40 I ever spent at Wal-Mart..

They're very 'non-photography-related,' and it's harsh lighting; they definitely need to be diffused or bounced off something, but I've used mine for photography with good result.

jadin said:
Photong - Seems like a cool enough car. I don't care for the shadows on the car like someone else brought up.

Cesium 911 - You need to use a different resampling method when you resize your photos for the internet. Dunno what method you're using (bi-cubic?) but it's making your diagonal lines all jagged. Very distracting from the actual photos.

I know...sorry about that. I actually used to use FujiFilm FinePix Viewer/Editor. All of those pictures were in my "pre-photoshop" days. I'll see if I can't dig up the older high-res pictures.

Most reactions

Back