my car

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just since I never posted an image I think .. ;)

Taken today. Could not go for closeups or anything similar since it is terribly dirty at the moment ;)

_MG_0535.jpg

nice car but i dont know if its the lines at the top but it makes the car perspective seem really unnatural

I think the lens was too wide. The car looks a bit distorted.

yes, the lens is VERY wide, which is intended.

but maybe you are right that it does not produce an image for making cars look nice ;)

looks like a pencil eraser... but I know its not... just the distortion talking..

take off that liscense plate man !!! it would look a lot tougher..

And add 25 HP !!!

From the point of view of composition the car should be on the other side because of the somewhat diagonal slopping lines at the top.

skieur

From the point of view of composition the car should be on the other side because of the somewhat diagonal slopping lines at the top.

skieur

Guess you are right with that. This is a shot I just took when I came back to my car. Not planned. So I was too lazy to change sides with the car just for the shot. Probably a mistake ;)

Being as I am from the US, the car seems out of place to me, but I honestly think that is only due to being accustomed to the oncoming side being opposite. My thoughts on the perspective have alredy been mentioned and explained so I won't repete it further like a fool.

Feels like I must invite Battou (urgently) to join in on our meet-up next May (and you, too, Krueger!!!! who I doubt you are as "ghastly" as you claim and would like to see proof!!!) so he can see that we drive on the very same side of the road as the Americans do, too.
And Thorhammer, he must also come to see that ALL THE CARS in Germany have licence plates at their front and back.
I think, that cars without a licence plate in the front look weird. "Stolen" they look ;).

And you really mean to come up here in THAT DISTORTED Audi, Alex!?!?!
And maybe even bring people along who fly into Düsseldort Airport!?!?!? Ugh...

:wink:

And you really mean to come up here in THAT DISTORTED Audi, Alex!?!?!
And maybe even bring people along who fly into Düsseldort Airport!?!?!? Ugh...

:wink:

well, I might go from 17mm on full frame to something less distorting for that trip ;)

OK, I think I now know what went wrong when I took this image.

I came back to my car and thought, hey, I'll take a photo (very dark there, I wonder it came out that OK-ish in terms of noise and motion blur (no tripod) ).

however, then I realised the nice structure on the ceiling ... and so I took alot of that into the image, which placed the car in this odd corner.

I should have taken this one without the car. or the car being the main subject. but this compromise I chose looks odd now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back