My current Nikon Wishlist

Interesting to see people don't like flipscreens. I do hope whenever I finally upgrade from my 60d, I can still have a flipscreen. I use it a lot!

Interesting to see people don't like flipscreens. I do hope whenever I finally upgrade from my 60d, I can still have a flipscreen. I use it a lot!

That is because you are used to using it. Once you upgrade to a higher quality body, you will soon realize you don't need it.

All I want is DoF preview on my d5200. I didn't look for that feature before I bought the camera, i mean who would make an SLR without DoF preview? sheesh..

Just out of curiosity, ISO 100 is pretty benign on a DSLR. What would you realistically need/want with ISO 5?
Would there be any noticeable difference?

Try shooting 5-second exposures in broad daylight.

Just out of curiosity, ISO 100 is pretty benign on a DSLR. What would you realistically need/want with ISO 5?

Try shooting 5-second exposures in broad daylight.

ah. yea, i can see that. still, you would think that modern camera makers would have some way to account for that since they dont do ISO 5. filters?

ah. yea, i can see that. still, you would think that modern camera makers would have some way to account for that since they dont do ISO 5. filters?

ND filters yo!

ND filters yo!

Given my druthers, no. More glass affects IQ, them's the facts. I'd rather spend $400 on lenses & bodies as opposed to an ND filter. Yes, there are some good ND filters, but they cost money, need cleaning, must be carried around..........

Gimme ISO 5 instead. I don't think I've shot over ISO 1600 in my life. I did, however, push some Tri-X to 3200 once just for S&G.

ND filters yo!

Given my druthers, no. More glass affects IQ, them's the facts. I'd rather spend $400 on lenses & bodies as opposed to an ND filter. Yes, there are some good ND filters, but they cost money, need cleaning, must be carried around..........

Gimme ISO 5 instead. I don't think I've shot over ISO 1600 in my life. I did, however, push some Tri-X to 3200 once just for S&G.

Non-native ISO's also effect image quality IIRC.

How about -5? Or would that be like dividing by zero and the world would end. :)
No. 5 would be juuuuuuuust fine.
When I used to shoot with film and played a lot with B/W I used to shoot with some strange films, not the least of which was an ASA 4. The stuff was amazing, you could take a shot of a moped from 50 feet away with a 50mm lens 1/4S@F8 and blow up an 8x10 of the moped seat and see the leather grain. Granted the contrast was not there, but it was sometimes handy for some effects at high noon on a summer day or for huge B/W prints from a single 35mm frame.

ND filters yo!

Non-native ISO's also effect image quality IIRC.

So what's so difficult about manufacturing a sensor with a native ISO of 5?

I'm guessing a sensor with that low of sensitivity wouldn't do good at high ISO.

I'm guessing a sensor with that low of sensitivity wouldn't do good at high ISO.

I rarely shoot over 400 anyway, so I wouldn't be missing much.

Most reactions

Back