My D700 has been in the shop 3 times now

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I guess I've just had really bad luck with this particular camera, because one of my D700's is now having to go into the shop for the third time under warranty. It's the same issue, the mirror won't work and I get an error message. Has anyone had this continued problem before? What has Nikon done about it for you? Thanks.

I'd be getting mighty pushy with Nikon if that were mine!

Does your state have a Lemon Law? What's the name of the store or dealer it was bought from? Perhaps a tactful conversation and or letter with the manager of the dealer that sold it to you would be in order? Have you asked them to swap it out for you?

Does your state have a Lemon Law? What's the name of the store or dealer it was bought from? Perhaps a tactful conversation and or letter with the manager of the dealer that sold it to you would be in order? Have you asked them to swap it out for you?

I actually bought it from B+H. Do you think they could do anything about it?

Something obviously needs to be done about this issue.

No trouble with my D700 but you're welcome to use my backup body if you're around Tampa anytime =)

My other D700 hasn't had any issues, it does need to have the hot-shoe replaced though.

That can happen with mass produced consumer electronics.

I would definately contact B&H and attempt to enlist their aid. B&H sell a lot of Nikon gear, and I would bet Nikon USA would listen to them.

I'm going to drive up to Nikon right now and drop it off. If it happens again i'll definitely try to contact B+H.

Dude, you should have contacted B&H the second time it happened, but on arrival in El Segundo I would ask to speak to someone in management and let them know the D700 is in for the same problem for the 3rd time.

Wow, you sure have a lot of patience!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back