My dad wanted to see an abandoned asylum...

LostInPa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So i took him to 2!

Some weird **** was going on, so i wasnt in the picture taking mood at the first spot, so here's a few random shots of us...

IMG_5989.jpg

on the roof
IMG_5972.jpg

Exit
IMG_5975.jpg

The next day went much better

IMG_6049.jpg

Maximum Security Ward
IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_6035.jpg

Theater
IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6006.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

Sweet! It's amazing that these places are forgotten...

I swear to god... where do you people FIND these places? Stupid Romney whacked all the damned ones in MA from what I can tell. Bah.

Anyway, some REALLY neat places, but I might do some perspective correction on some of them unless you like the distortion? (does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about when I say this???)

Damnit. Why can't I live near any places like this. I'd bring packed meals and my lighting kit and spend multiple days in there. So many visually interesting things in each room, just begging to be composed and lit into a killer shot.

Argh! That's it! I'm moving away from boring, flat southern Alberta. Maybe Quebec?

Nice shots by the way. Though some of them could be better composed.

This is in King's Park isn't it? My friends and I went there a couple times to take pictures but we only stayed on the outside. Even just walking around the buildings had the cops on us and telling us to leave :( . How did you guys get in without getting caught?

This is in King's Park isn't it? My friends and I went there a couple times to take pictures but we only stayed on the outside. Even just walking around the buildings had the cops on us and telling us to leave :( . How did you guys get in without getting caught?

It is kp!
I've been doing this stuff for years, so im invisible to cops

I wish i had places like this local too!
This weekend was 800 miles!

A few shots, such as the first theater shot, are badly composed, because there was no way for me to line up correctly. Damn walls in the way....

Yeah, we were dieing to get in haha.

The cop flipped out, she said if we didn't leave IMMEDIATELY, she would call the state police. We were only taking pictures of the outside of the buildings...

Yes they monitor these places because of the liability- you might get a permit to photograph if you contactd the owners.

Lacey Ann- girl you stay out of these sort of places while you have small children! There is plenty of time for broken legs and nails in your foot when the grow up nad leave the nest. Just think if you were laid up for several weeks/
LOL
Judge Sharpe

Ah wow never figured they'd monitor them, but I understand for the liability reasons, I figured they'd just put up a big fence with no trespassing signs and be fine.

Still good pics non the less.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back