My daughter at the beach..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken last week in Hawaii.. I had my daughter wear my hat so I could take some pictures. I'm sure many of you will say they need more contrast, but I wanted them to look this way.

7576602848_711a08fd24_z.jpg

7576603276_ebc76f021b_z.jpg

V
E
R
T
I
C
A
L

or, perhaps S_Q_U_A_R_E ??? Maybe???

You may have wanted the high-key look but I don't think it serves the images particularly well.
There is a lot of empty space on both.
The second shot is hurt a lot by the low hat because the entire shot centers around only that one eye - it doesn't look coy, it looks to me like a mistake.

Sorry.. I don't care for the processing.. and I don't think it does justice to your daughter. :)

I agree with a lot of what was already said. These images have potential, but it almost looks like you edited with the intent to get lens flare look. I think it would look better if you bumped the blacks and contrast. The first one is okay, but I think the second is way too flat. I would also work on the composition and angle for the second photo. Then again these are your photos and your daughter so if this is what makes you happy, then thats all that matters! :)

I don't mind the negative space the horizontal crop gives. In fact I like it :) I like the first one better than the second but I think it could use a little more warmth. It seems a little cool.

You know I did a photo shoot for my friends little girl last week and she asked me if I could make several of the portrait shots into landscape orientation!

Most reactions

Back