My dogs are going to get sick of me.

Stilltime

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Us dog lovers can appreciate a truly scuzzy tennis ball and a tired dog. :mrgreen:

IMG_2445.jpg

I love it!! I have a whippet mix and I don't think I have EVER had the luxury of seeing her tired haha. I really like the deph of field in this photo, good job!

Nice capture, although I would have liked to see your dog more in focus. Love the paw on the tennis ball...making sure it does roll away?

Both my dogs don't play with tennis balls...when I throw the ball (or anything) they just watch it fly and land while they just sit there. They do like to eat, sleep and chew on a few favorite toys...and they both love to eat paper and small pebbles. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Yeah I'm in the same boat! We've got 2 Pomeranians and my wife and I take pictures of them like crazy! They love tennis balls but they can't seem to fit in their mouths.

Nice capture!

Nice capture, although I would have liked to see your dog more in focus.

I took a couple of different ones, with different focal points and depth of field, and I ended up liking this one best. He seems like an after thought compared to the ball, which is sort of what happens when he flops over at the end of a play session. The ball essentially hasn't stopped rolling by the time he's asleep. :lol:

Both my dogs don't play with tennis balls...when I throw the ball (or anything) they just watch it fly and land while they just sit there. They do like to eat, sleep and chew on a few favorite toys...and they both love to eat paper and small pebbles. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

My other Jack doesn't do balls, or any sort of fetching games. She's the same way. She just sits and watches it go by. Or, she'll chase the dog chasing the ball, but doesn't care about the ball itself. BTW, I LOVE Cavys!

They love tennis balls but they can't seem to fit in their mouths.

Our local pet store sells tennis balls in all different sizes, that way the little guys can play with tennis balls too!

I love it!! I have a whippet mix and I don't think I have EVER had the luxury of seeing her tired haha. I really like the deph of field in this photo, good job!

Ive got a pure-bred male Shih Tzu puppy whose almost 4 months old....I can totaly agree with you.

Athough......if he gets locked in his cage he might fall asleep....

-----------------------------------------

I like the shot, athough it could be better if you used a smaller aperture, just enough to get a more focused shot of the dog, only reason being is because the dogs paw is in focus.

I like the shot a lot, after I read the tennis ball was the main focus, and the dog was a second, I looked at the photo again, and it makes sense. I like the shot a lot!

I took a couple of different ones, with different focal points and depth of field, and I ended up liking this one best. He seems like an after thought compared to the ball, which is sort of what happens when he flops over at the end of a play session. The ball essentially hasn't stopped rolling by the time he's asleep. :lol:

My other Jack doesn't do balls, or any sort of fetching games. She's the same way. She just sits and watches it go by. Or, she'll chase the dog chasing the ball, but doesn't care about the ball itself.
When we were researching to see what kind of dog would match our personalities best, we looked at the Jack Russell Terriers (because they're so cute) but found they need exercise...lots of exercise...that's not us at all.

After researching other toy and companion breeds my wife found out that Cavaliers would be the best fit for us.
BTW, I LOVE Cavys!
Yeah, we love our Cavaliers a lot.

Pepper and Sasha after their bath drying in the sun. They're sisters from the same litter. We think Sasha was the runt.
2898028508_93c8b08b18.jpg
Our local pet store sells tennis balls in all different sizes, that way the little guys can play with tennis balls too!
We tried smaller balls, different kinds of balls, other types of toys...our dogs just don't do fetch or run after and play thing...unless it's a piece of paper or a feather, then they go nuts.

We tried smaller balls, different kinds of balls, other types of toys...our dogs just don't do fetch or run after and play thing...unless it's a piece of paper or a feather, then they go nuts.

Well, Cavys aren't know for a high prey drive, so it doesn't surprise me. They're so cute!

Looks like the dog lost.. the ball won!

I know what you mean, my dog HATES me when the camera comes out! She's a German Shepherd so I try to take lots of picks while she's still growing...

A tired dog is a happy dog! An owner with a tired dog is a happy owner, hehehe.

Great shot. I personally think the OOF pooch and the focus on the ball fits perfectly and makes the shot.

When we got our Lab, I got one of those tennis ball chuck-it stick things. The first time I gave it a quick snap the dog looked at me as if saying, "you expect me to run that far to fetch that thing?" I couldn't believe how far it went just from a quick little snap. I barely tossed it and couldn't have thrown it by hand a quarter of the distance.

Mine absolutely loves this ball. It is much prefered by her than a tennis ball. It's nearly indestructible too judging on how I saw her tear a tennis ball apart into tiny pieces in a matter of minutes and I've been able to pick her up completely off the ground playing tug with this ball.....

Photo by Lauren, my 8 yr old.
DSCF8509.jpg

Since everyone else is sharing:

3274600373_69941e23e6.jpg

3258899696_943f263e9f.jpg

Although our Cavaliers don't like to chase after balls, one thing they do like to do is play-fight with each other. They do it almost every single day and it's mostly all show and noise...no one ever gets hurt. I got lucky one day and captured this image...it looks much worse than it actually was.

2839356255_b8209d8614.jpg

Love the paw on the tennis ball...making sure it does roll away?

JMO but I don't think the dog's paw is actually resting on the ball, it's an illusion.

But I do love the picture and agree that the dog could be a tad more in focus.

Most reactions

Back