My dogs! (creative, right?)

cobragirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, I'm new on here.. not entirely new to taking pictures, but I thought it would be fun to get on the forum... so here are some of my favorite ones of my dogs! --Summer '07--

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

since this is the critique area I'm going to critique. you may not be new to pushing down shutter button and *snap* picture, but you are new to the art of photography.

every single picture the dog is framed perfectly centered. third one isnt all that sharp either. but yes cute dogs

The second picture is my personal favorite. Cute dog. Just keep doing what you do and don't let anyone get you down. There aren't any rules, just alot of people who need rules to do something.

Cute dog

Are you using a point and shoot, though? Not to be rude but ... these are camera phone / P&S quality...

Just keep doing what you do and don't let anyone get you down.

Offering a critique of photos that are being presented here (for critique, too, I would assume) is not the same as "getting anyone down", much to the contrary, I should say.

And if there are photos presented that express the taker has not yet learned that much about composition, for example, then why not say so? They are being presented here.

What help is being offered if we should all say about photos which all crop off parts of the dog (tail, paws, tip of the tongue, etc), which are not sharp (3), which are all totally centred, where the way the camera was held was downright WRONG (4, 6) that they are "good work, keep it up like this"!?!?!?!?!

And that the dogs as such are "cute" is almost self-evident, but that still does not make any pet photo GOOD photography.

The second picture is my personal favorite. Cute dog. Just keep doing what you do and don't let anyone get you down. There aren't any rules, just alot of people who need rules to do something.

there are guidelines, if one doesn't wish to follow them thats okay, but then they are snapshots, and belong in the SNAPSHOT section. this section is for photographers who want serious critiques about PEOPLE and animals. even if you are using a p\s you can get great pictures, (maybe not as great as someone with a mark III but still) you have to understand composition, lighting, and all that jazz for good pictures.

since this is the critique area I'm going to critique. you may not be new to pushing down shutter button and *snap* picture, but you are new to the art of photography.

every single picture the dog is framed perfectly centered. third one isnt all that sharp either. but yes cute dogs

You can create visual interesting within a photograph by moving learning a bit about composition.

Here is an example (since you have your "my photographs are OK to edit" tag on), I took one of your shots and put your dog in a traditional Rule Of Thirds (Clicky) position in the frame.

When you look at the picture, you now notice that the dog is looking over the wider expanse of the left side of the frame, and we start to wonder what is over there to get his attention.

Just something for you to ponder...

dog1.jpg

And, if you throw in about 2 minutes of post processing you get this:

dog2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back