My F-Stop

yoshi900

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
27da2d27.jpg

Its a good technical shot. I wouldn't call it art, but it clearly shows your iris.

BTW, your subject line in incorrectly worded. It should be "My Iris", "My Pupil" or even "My Aperture", but "My F-stop" is incorrect on two counts. One, "f/stop" is not an object that exists therefore you can't have one; f/stop is is unit of measure. Second, f/stop should always be written with the slash version of the divide symbol; the hypen/dash is incorrect.

I don't think the forum will let us use "/" in thread titles. But I'm not really sure. I'm I am almost positive this is seconds away from turning into a firefight.

Anyway, moving on.

I agree that the skin in the shot is a little weird. Borderline distracting. But I think it might have to do with the color temperature in the image. Either way, it doesn't kill it. The awkwardness of the skin together the detail of the iris might even make it better.

Its a good technical shot. I wouldn't call it art, but it clearly shows your iris.

That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Some of the greatest artists in history have been concerned chiefly with the technical. I think Ansel Adams was among those, but don't quote me on that or anything, that's just what I've deduced from various tidbits of information. Art and the technical are not mutually exclusive. In fact, I've seen a lot of pictures of eyes close up and frankly, this one is probably the most interesting I've ever looked at.

Yoshi, really interesting photo. If it were me, I would probably tinker with the color temperature a bit although I'm uncertain of in what way so maybe it doens't really matter. Good job!

C&C on my picture is always welcome. This is the beginner's forum afterall.

Here is another try on the same picture cropped and blurred. Less of the skin do make the picture more powerful.

bd2c9ae2.jpg

Most reactions

Back