My favorite for c&C

Tulsa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to get this section back on track with some decent photos to c&c,
I wouldl like some feedback, I dont believe this has been posted yet, but this is my favorite shot so far, and I have sold about 5 copies. The only thing that bugs me is it looks slightly tilted, but I think that might just be all the angles and lines going every direction. What do you think?
office8watermark-1.jpg

It's nice.
The tilted horizon is bothersome.

anyway to fix that on the original? I guess I could tilt the whole picture then crop? this version has been cropped a little from the original.

Where are the decent photos? Sorry, but I can't imagine this is one of them.

And it doesn't look tilted, it is. Not that hard to figure out.

Yeah, fix the original then re-crop, so you won't lose much.

It's just at that angle that says "it's not on purpose". ;)

Neat shot. Having sold 5 copies says that some people like it as is. If it were mine to modify, I would be cropping the buildings on the right and the lamp post on the far left. It is tilted a bit. Fix it if it pleases you. My perspective is from the consumer perspective and I believe that is the proper perspective to evaluate from.

Where are the decent photos? Sorry, but I can't imagine this is one of them.

And it doesn't look tilted, it is. Not that hard to figure out.

This is not constructive criticism. Honestly, how hard is it to say what you like and do not like about the photo? Not trying to single you out, I have been seeing this alot, and its kinda disappointing. One cannot learn from being simply told "This photo is bad". Give him some tips on how to make his next shots better...

For me, I find the light on the left side bothersome. I seem to be drawn to it the most. Horizon is definitely tilted, but being on a dock, Id guess this is hard to avoid sometimes. Over all though, I like it! Congrats on selling the 5 copies!

Ok, did some work, I noticed the first version that I posted looks like crap, I dont know why, looks too grainy, I think it was saved in a low res in another file I have.
I tilted the good one. thougths?

office8.jpg

removed a little from the background
office8revised.jpg

Looking much better! Still maybe a little crooked, but not much. of course that could now be caused by the two different levels of the ground on either side of the walkway. I say that cause the end of the walkway looks level, but its so hard to see cause it so small. Great use of the vanishing point though!

The first edit looks better IMO.

Editing out the background stuff in the second one makes me feel like it unbalances the photo..

office8revised.jpg

dont get rid of this light unless you get rid of its reflection in the water. you have to be careful with removing things when water is involved because the reflection may still be left in the water

Most reactions

Back