My favorite victim C&C

Marc-Etienne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I usually don't shoot much peoples, but I got to say that my little nephew is just too much of a "kid kodak" not to take advantage of the situation. He is only 8 months and as soon as he sees a camera, he will turn to look at you and smile:lol: or come right at you like #1 and #2!!

They are all taken with hotshoe flash (on camera) bouncing on the ceiling. Those pictures are very little to not cropped at all. PP was made with RawTherapee. Consisted of WB tuning, rotation, highlight and shadow balance, little saturation and sharpening.

I'm pretty much new to the human portrait, I'd like comments and critiques to improve. Thanks

1/200s
f3.8
ISO 200
24mm
Antoine%20coirs%20rit2.jpg

1/200s
f5.6
ISO 200
32mm
Antoine%20cours%20et%20rit.jpg

1/200s
f5.6
ISO200
170mm
Antoine%20et%20capitaine.jpg

I really like the last one! The first one makes the baby look huge! like hes 3ft tall.

I really like the last one! The first one makes the baby look huge! like hes 3ft tall.

:lol: You are right! he does look huge! I guess that is why we use longer focal length on portrait! Thanks for commenting! I always appreciate inputs especially on aspect of photography that I'm a total noob like protraits!

#3 is my favorite also. But I suggest correcting the white balance to get rid of the yellow cast...

Does this look a little better? Tried to reduce the yellow cast as recommended by cooling the temperature a bit.
Antoine%20et%20capitaine2.jpg

Thank you all for inputs and comments! Much appreciated!!:D

#3 is my favorite also. But I suggest correcting the white balance to get rid of the yellow cast...

Does this look a little better? Tried to reduce the yellow cast as recommended by cooling the temperature a bit.
Antoine%20et%20capitaine2.jpg

Thank you all for inputs and comments! Much appreciated!!:D

Definite improvement.

Cute shots---the third edited is definitely a winner.

Regards,
Jake

Thanks for inputs, definitively need to pay closer attention to my WB fine tuning. I find it harder with people than wildlife where there is usually a pure (or close to pure) white on which I can refer myself.
Can't wait to get my 50mm f1.4G to get sharper shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back