My fiancée shot me

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My fiancée shot this one of me wile we where out photographing the aftermath of a train derailment together. She is a beginner and gave me permission to post her better shots when I felt it appropriate, I'm looking for a little for C&C for her here. Post processing was done by me so color, contrast, and other post processing issues can be blamed on me, unprocessed image can be found here. She snipped my toes a little bit but over all I'm quite proud of her. I prolly should have put her camera bag down before she shot that huh...and then there is that stupid look on my face, I chuckled at something and was trying to hide it. The bar through the middle of the photo is something wrong with my film scanner and not something during the shot, I need to get it looked at.

Taken with Canon FD 50mm 1.8 on Canon AE-1, ASA 400.
210547_009_RA400_04_09_2_2_2-1.jpg

Bigger here

Displayed with permission.

Last edited by a moderator:
good job with the post, esp the bottle removal, looks great.
The photo itself is a bit boring?

Well, thanks. As for the photo being boring...This is only her fourth roll of film shot with no prior photography experience, I don't expect award winners out of her at this point, but I was pleased this one turned out for her.

I doubt it was boring to her. Nice job of capturing what she feels is your essence. For all of the technical "stuff" we worry about, the best pictures are the ones that mean something to us. That is the reason I wish more posters would give us some context Instead of just, "C and C please".
She has a great teacher.
Judge Sharpe

I doubt it was boring to her. Nice job of capturing what she feels is your essence. For all of the technical "stuff" we worry about, the best pictures are the ones that mean something to us. That is the reason I wish more posters would give us some context Instead of just, "C and C please".
She has a great teacher.
Judge Sharpe

That is very true, Despite this outing to photograph the damage along the rails being her idea this was the only photo out of the roll she kept, She sent the rest of them home after pulling the print from this out. In all honesty her shots of the rails where actually better than mine, I was a little cockey shooting a stopped down 135mm 2.5 handheld in marginal light and suffered serious mirrorsmack and handshake issues :(

When she asked me to teach her, she was not even sure what exactly she wanted to photograph. Her answer to my question of "What sort of things do you want to take pictures of?" was "I don't know, stuff I find cool" Turns out she loves to just sit and watch me take photos. When she has internet access of her own, you'll prolly start seeing a bunch of photos of me taking pictures :lmao: untill then she is kinda stuck with reading posts on what I post for her when ever she can find the time to get online somewhere. It's what she finds cool I guess, and she is beginning to get the hang of it. She chose aperture and shutter speed on her own with this one unlike before where I would use the same lens and offer suggestions.

The only thing that really stands out to me (negatively) is that she cut off your foot.

It may look more intersting if you were more towards one side of the photo, with your back perpendicular to the track and show the length of the track next to you....

very nice

Thankyou
It may look more intersting if you were more towards one side of the photo, with your back perpendicular to the track and show the length of the track next to you....

Thank you.

She is sitting right here next to me tonight so she has seen it.

Seems like a pretty damned good shot for a beginner. The mere fact that you take up the predominance of the frame is a big win and usually escapes most newer folks. I'm always telling my wife "You know, it does have a zoom feature for a reason..." :)

BTW... you look totally hawt.

:lol:

I find it interesting that this thread has 480 reads in such a short period of time. I'm wondering ... are people drawn to the macabre, or are they just really hoping Battou got shot... or???

j/k

Seems like a pretty damned good shot for a beginner. The mere fact that you take up the predominance of the frame is a big win and usually escapes most newer folks. I'm always telling my wife "You know, it does have a zoom feature for a reason..." :)

Thanks. And that was shot with a 50mm prime, something most modern beginners don't have the luxory of learning on, making it even more win.

BTW... you look totally hawt.

Yeah, that's what she said :D

"You know, it does have a zoom feature for a reason..." :)

Yea, your feet ;) My 50mm is on my camera a lot of the time, and really 95% of the time I am doing portraits until I can afford the big, bad boy pro zoom lenses. Now when I put a zoom lenses on, I almost feel weird not moving :) It really does stump friends of how I can have this big expensive camera with no zoom. LOL. At that point they don't seperate the lens and the body :)

"You know, it does have a zoom feature for a reason..." :)

Yea, your feet ;) My 50mm is on my camera a lot of the time, and really 95% of the time I am doing portraits until I can afford the big, bad boy pro zoom lenses. Now when I put a zoom lenses on, I almost feel weird not moving :) It really does stump friends of how I can have this big expensive camera with no zoom. LOL. At that point they don't seperate the lens and the body :)

Personally, I feel primes are far more of a professional lens than zooms, but that is just my oppinion.

on a side note, I had her out with a 400mm prime on her AE-1 yesterday :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back