My first 3 sessions as a photographer - C&C welcome

Play

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice

You two!!

I like them. Just be aware this forum is not for an ego boost, u will have to go to others for that. You will be critized relentlessly but you will learn things too. As you step back you will realize those jerks who have no tact on delivery, have points. Good luck I feel like your off to a wonderful start. pleasure looking :) ps us idiot consumers can't see those technical flaws. Lol

Why did you censor my post, yet allow Schwettylen's douchebag comments to go uncensored earlier in the thread?

My comments were perfectly acceptable.

Derrel said:
Why did you censor my post, yet allow Schwettylen's douchebag comments to go uncensored earlier in the thread?

Hits a little close to home, eh?

Robin may have been a little rude, but I can't seem to remember seeing any of your images up for C&C...

Derrel said:

Robin may have been a little rude, but I can't seem to remember seeing any of your images up for C&C...

Exactly this. I have been a member for 2 years now and I get schooled by derrel a lot about my "poor" framing. Yes.. I am a self taught photographer, facebook photographer, fauxtographer.. whatever he wants to call me. It is just getting old hearing derrel telling me (and other people) about composition when you never see his work. Derrel probably thinks this shot is framed poorly. Yes.. I have not done this long.. yes.. I do not have ART degree.. Yes, I do not have years of experience of composition like he does. But hard to hear someone preach about something but you NEVER see the person does what he/she preached.

P.S. It is really easy to talk and fight with people when you keep your handle private. No website, no link, nothing. I have more respect for people who give harsh CC but doesnt keep their account anonymous. Even better if he/she shares their photos on the forum too! I dont understand what so fun about being active on a Photography forum and you dont post pics. Someone please explain this to me.

p760530721.jpg

Last edited:
While I agree with some on here, I find the lack of colour in some, over saturated in others, too much contrast washed out b&w. There are some good ideas. I would suggest that you continue to shoot for free, and keep your amateur status until you really are ready to do this as a sole source of income business. I honestly don't think you are quite there yet.

Interesting feedback, Derrel. I definitely don't agree with you, but I appreciate your perspective and CC. Seeing everyone is so against the grass, how would you recommend re-composing these images to make them more appealing? I'm not one to shoot a subject straight on (i.e. baby centered in composition), and I also don't like to pull in tight to my subjects in all my shots. For those, I was playing around with the thirds.

As for the saturation and contrast, that was something that I chose to do in post (not how it looks SOOC). I personally like it, BUT I understand and can see your perspective. All photographers are unique in how they approach photography and the retouching of those images. We all have our own style and are a bit different in our tastes!

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

While the saturation and over contrast effect is an interesting style that more people are using, if it isn't done really well, like any other technique, it doesn't work at all. This is unfortunately the case.

Derrel said:

Exactly this. I have been a member for 2 years now and I get schooled by derrel a lot about my "poor" framing. Yes.. I am a self taught photographer, facebook photographer, fauxtographer.. whatever he wants to call me. It is just getting old hearing derrel telling me (and other people) about composition when you never see his work. Derrel probably thinks this shot is framed poorly. Yes.. I have not done this long.. yes.. I do not have ART degree.. Yes, I do not have years of experience of composition like he does. But hard to hear someone preach about something but you NEVER see the person does what he/she preached.

P.S. It is really easy to talk and fight with people when you keep your handle private. No website, no link, nothing. I have more respect for people who give harsh CC but doesnt keep their account anonymous. Even better if he/she shares their photos on the forum too! I dont understand what so fun about being active on a Photography forum and you dont post pics. Someone please explain this to me.

p760530721.jpg

Sorry, Scwhettylens, but there *is* a link to over 3,000 of my images in my profile, and it has been there since the FIRST DAY I joined this forum. Sorry but you must have missed the over three dozen images I've posted on TPF. You are a newbie weekend warrior. I have made my living full-time as a professional photographer, five days a week--something you don't have the balls to even TRY to do. Keep shooting with that horizontal camera!!! And keep the day job as long as you can!

Derrel said:

p760530721.jpg

This wasn't a paid job, I hope... There is far more wrong with this than the composition and framing...

I have seen great work from you, but this specific shot looks like you started at square one.

gsgary said:
They look blue like her chin

Thanks. Thought this was lost somewhere at the bottom of the first page and in the middle of the rant. ;)

Most reactions

Back