What's new

My first attempt at Aerial Cloud Photography

stevanity

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 19, 2011
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
Chennai, India
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this while returning from a holiday in Sri Lanka.
How does it look??

DSC_0111.jpg


DSC_0095.jpg


DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg


DSC_0080.jpg


DSC_0076.jpg


DSC_0074.jpg


All Images taken with Nikon D80 with 18-135mm Nikkor DX and 1/4000s with aperture f/10
 
I have to tell you while flying I have been completely mesmerized by clouds. They have been just simply beautiful on some of my flights. I don't think the shots you posted represent the true beauty of what you saw.....=) Unfortunately, I can't help you much other than saying to keep the plane wing out of the shot...lol Which isn't always possible..:sexywink: I guess you'll just have to fly more and practice......:lmao::sexywink:

Keep shooting!!

And welcome to the forum!!
 
Thank you. I forgot to ask for the right seat since i was a bit late to the airport. So I got a seat right above the wing and worse than that, my seat was positioned between two windows. SO had to lean forward and backward a lot to capture the images. Further more, the images(raw) looked dull. Only after minor tweaking of curves I got reasonably good pics.
I have more. I just posted some of them. Ill post rest today.
 
i like #3 and 6, especially 6. the depth perception of the layers of clouds is amazing
 
Awesome shots, I really like 3 and 5. The adjustments in post-production can really make them pop.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom