My first attempt at RAW

Boomn4x4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well after so long, I guess I had to teach myself... I guess I came to the realiztion that you can only do so much in camera. I have done PP on jpg's before, so didn't see what the big deal was.... I admit, I was wrong. I'm quite impressed as to how much more control you have processing RAW images as you do already compressed images.

As a first try, I'm fairly happy with what I've got, but I'd like to hear some feedback.... I didn't spend any time worrying about composition or subject material, I just went out in the back yard and took a few snap shots. If you could, just focus on the processing. The first image is out of camera, the second image is the processed RAW image.

DSC_4243.jpg

DSC_4243a.jpg

DSC_4244.jpg

DSC_4244a.jpg

DSC_4246.jpg

DSC_4246a.jpg

Llooks like you are over saturating them. Back off just a bit.

Second one is my favorite, but I think you've up the highlights a bit to much. The center of the flower went from good to blown out.

I agree that you're blowing out the highlights and losing nice detail in all of these. Alos, you've got noise in #3 raw that isn't evident in #3 jpeg. You've also lost a lot of contrast in image #2 - notice the much lower detail in the flower petals. Did you get it backwards - is the first image in each pair the raw?

Most reactions

Back