My first attempt at shooting a wedding...

jamie_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
...for a friend!

I'm new around here! Just thought I'd say hello and post a link to a wedding gallery I've put together for my friend. It was my his big day a few weeks ago, in Ireland, and I'm putting together a wedding book as my gift to the happy couple.

Any comments you might have would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

you have some great shots! only thing i didn't like was the extreme cropping on some of the pictures, and the odd sepia-ish toning on the last half (or so) of the images.

Loving it!! and i have no doubt they will too. It has a really young? funky? feel to it which is nice too - liking your use of angles~!! Only pick would be what the beginning said about the sepia images - they look really yellowish on my monitor but maybe you were going for more of a duotone effect?? not sure but i myself would have preferred to see these in true black and white xx just my amateur opinion though !!! Great Work! Congrats xx

Well, I would say for a first wedding you did a great job. I really liked the picture of the wedding party and the alternating you did with the bridesmaids and groomsmen. I also think some of the shots you got of the couple are very nice and I would have loved to have had shots like these to remember. The extreme cropping will be hard for them to frame and the sepia might need some tweaking. Over all I think this is a great start and if you keep trying to find ways to be better and take comments here on this site constructively you will be on the way to some amazing pictures. Welcome to the forum I hope to see more weddings from you.

Thanks for the positive comments Daniel, Jemmy and Karissa.

I think I know what you mean about the sepia toning. Initially, I was keen to get a mix of colour, B&W and sepia. But on reflection, after considering your points, I will revert to just colour and B&W.

In terms of the cropping, I have cropped some of them more extremely because they were being re-sized with a wedding book in mind. As such, I am not restricted by size and have total control over the layout.

I will be re-sizing the images to 5x7 and burning them on to disk, so they can be printed easily.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to look, it is much appreciated.

Jamie

jamie_ said:
I will be re-sizing the images to 5x7 and burning them on to disk, so they can be printed easily.

If you resize them to 5x7, then they will only be "printed easily" at 5x7 as it's it own aspect ratio, and different from almost all other print size aspect ratios. Print sizes of 4x5, 4x6, 8x10, 8x12, etc... will all require some cropping of the image to make prints if you size it for 5x7.

Nice photos by the way, all though I agree that the "sepia" is too bright yellow. Make it subtle.

Ok.....First of all, I love the shots. I truly do. They are beautifully done.
However, a lot of the posed shots appear to be shot by what I assume is the hired photographer.
If this is indeed the case, I would urge you NOT to make the bride and groom the 5x7 and disc. (At least not for several months). Allow the hired photographer to make his/or her money first.
Once you are in the business of doing weddings, (and you certainly have a future in it judging by the photos), you will appreciate this advice.
:)
Outstanding photography to be sure, though!

Most reactions

Back