My first attempt at wedding photography

SnowNow12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jemeryphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a noobie and learning myself but will give my untrained opinion:wink:.
I really like #1, an interesting scene from a nice viewpoint.
#4 is my favorite, I love the "softness" of the photo.

#1 is nice, but the banister cutting across the lower left hand corner is distracting to me. I find with shots like that, if you frame the banister in, it looks like a shot taken from the balcony. If you hold the camera over the banister, and keep it out of the frame, it feels a little more like a bird's eye view, if you know what I mean. A little more mysterious. #4 I really like the soft backlighting, excellent placement. But it would be nice if you could see a little more of the woman's face; maybe if she flipped her hair over her shoulder.

So hard to comment on pictures not displayed right in the thread... please try to do that if you can.

Some quick comments:

1. Way too dark. Looks like it could be night if brightened up. Hard to tell.
2. Harsh lighting- tough to avoid, but it looks like maybe you boosted the contrast too much as some is WAY dark and her dress is nearly overexposed.
3. Kinda cute, but her face needs to be airbrushed I would say. Those blemishes are pretty distracting. (please don't tell the bride I said that!)
4. Very nice scene. The stuff on the floor or whatever is unfortunately distracting and I might have wanted a slightly different angle so you could crop more of the top out and not lose the dress/door, but overall a really nice capture. Nice light and colors too.

I think with just a bit of PP work you have some nice images here, and a few good potential lessons to do some different things next time as well. Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum!

Well, I don't have a whole lot to say on the photos, I think manaheim pretty much said what I was thinking (though I didn't really notice the blemishes on #3, I just noticed the harsh lighting on both that and #2)

As far as the posting, if you click on the little picture icon in the bar above the text box you can include a direct link to the photo, then if you copy the direct URL from the photo (photobucket makes it really easy to find that) and paste it into where that little text box asks for it, the picture will just pop into your post. (I don't know if that made sense, but it's getting late here so I apologize if I am just rambling). Anyway, that will make it much easier for us to look over the photos.

i was not too wild about them but u did have some great ones
#1 and #4 were the best

Were you doing this as a favor or as a paid gig? Just out of curiosity

parish... that sig... good lord. :lol:

It's bigger than my car, and it's not even hotlinked! :)

No, I did it as a favor. It was the first day I had ever used my canon or any external flash... so I had no idea what I was doing. No pp work either. I will definitely post in the thread next time and I appreciate the critiques!

Im a high school student that is looking to get into wedding photography to help pay for new gear but i would hopful shoot for a photo company with my Nikon D80 that i decied to get thanks to the folks here on TPF

I really don't know a whole lot but I was wondering if you can edit out the hand behind the bride in #3?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back