Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I especially like this one.

5928790-010.jpg

5928790-017.jpg

5928790-011.jpg

5928790-013.jpg

Shot through a Nikon FG in full manual mode. lenses used were 50mm f1.8 Nikkor Series E and 80-200mm Rokinon. f4 I think. Film was Kodak BW400CN.

The Rokinon is naked and the 50mm has a polarizer.

Haven't shot film ever and I have to say some of these look better than their digital counterparts.

There's a few others but they look a tad overexposed I'll edit those and fix them later. I also just dropped my first color roll off to the same folks who developed this, and no it isn't CVS, Wal-Mart etc. they can climb a wall of cocks I support small business. :thumbup:

Kodak BW400CN is actually a color black & white. It is developed in color chemistry -- C41 -- which is why they can be developed at CVS, or Walgreens. You may notice the prints have a greenish tone to them.

Was the sky completely overcast? If not, I suggest using a yellow filter to help the clouds pop. The filter will give you results closer to what you actually see in the scene. For true black & white film, that is.

I have never used a yellow filter with BW400CN; since it has a color cast, I'm not sure if there will be different effects or not.

The sky was actually clear but very very bright out, Florida in latter part of June almost July...nuff' said.

The thing I'm trying to figure out is how come I'm not seeing light distortion from heat in these images but on my digital Canon Rebel XTi 99% of all my shots come out like **** using almost identical settings. Maybe I have really nice film lenses and entry-level digital lenses?

The one with the two people walking the people are barely discernible. On the film they are there clear as day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back