My first C&C: Some DoF shots.

yoodontknomi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all,
This is not my first post, but my first request for some feedback!

Here are the images I'd like you guys to check out.

I am shooting with a D3000 by the way.

This is a set of statues from the Toledo Art Museum, and it was the first day I had my new DSLR, just messing around!

DSC_0008.jpg

I was trying to get a nice warm feeling, but I feel that it is a little underexposed, and I am no master at post-production, in fact, I really have no idea how, or what I am doing, though I do have photoshop on my computer. I just used Iphoto for now.
I also wanted to achieve some big time bokeh, but I am rocking a VERY old 55mm 1.8 manual lens from my grandfather, so Idk if I need new equipment...
DSC_0070.jpg

Thanks for your constructive feedback and tips on how I can improve!

#2, did you use a fog filter? The bottle has soft glow.

#1 Nice composition, a little underexposed,

#2 bottle would look better if it was more in focus. Is the lense manual focus ? remember your D3000 needs an AF-S lense because the camera itself does not have a motor to focus the lens, and the AF-S lenses have the motor in the lense iteseld.

Eternal Eights Photography

#2 bottle would look better if it was more in focus. Is the lense manual focus ? remember your D3000 needs an AF-S lense because the camera itself does not have a motor to focus the lens, and the AF-S lenses have the motor in the lense iteseld.

Thanks for the feedback!
The lens is from like 1989, so I just had to manually focus everything, I just recently became aware of the AF-S lenses. It's a shame because those are more expensive. I should have splurged a little for a camera with the motor in it!

Thanks for the feedback!
The lens is from like 1989, so I just had to manually focus everything, I just recently became aware of the AF-S lenses. It's a shame because those are more expensive. I should have splurged a little for a camera with the motor in it!

I agree, I have the D3100 as well as I am also starting out, so I don't have a lot of funds to purchase a better camera, but as soon as I make more money from my gig I'll make sure to purchase a full frame camera.

Yeah? I need to go... I haven't been there in a LONG time. I don't even remember what the building looks like.

Don't feel bad - you'll actually learn a lot more by focusing manually. The only time autofocus really makes a big difference is for sports/action or candid people shots. For still life, you're better off on manual.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back