My First Day With The Digital Rebel XT

Trevor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mediasoldier.net
Hey guys. I took alot of photos today but I was playing with all the camera settings so alot of them are just random tests on different objects light. I did however attempt to take a few serious/semi-serious photos. Here are the ones I liked.

power_tower_web.jpg

the_ring_web.jpg

bird_lines_web.jpg

cake_web.jpg

fluffy_sticks_web.jpg

flying_web.jpg

3 and 6 :thumbsup:

Hey, congrats on finally getting the new cam! Look forward to more postings.

I think the "angled" shot (I don't know the word to say that the photo is not horizontal) gives nothing more to the photo. A graphic subject like that should be (at least for me) the more symetric possible. Colors and contrast are good.

On the second, the door frame is bad placed in the mirror, for me, and the B&W treatment needs more contrast and luminosity.

For the third, I'd seen the bird less centered. More on the right, and more or less high (depends if you prefer to "open" the picture up or down)

The fourth : Hehe, nice cake :D The faces in the background visible through the glasses are also a very good idea.
The fifth is no interest for me : too much hot spots, and no real subject. You should have done a more "macro" view (french term, maybe also english, which means very near photo)

Nice picture, but there is too less contrast. I prefer the shawdowy corner up left, and the litten one down right.

Nicely done Trev... Congrats on the new weapon.

Your photo 3 here ... the little bird on the power lines, going in all directions ... that one is really nice! And it is one where I think "centred" really works!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back