My first ever black and whites...

fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
well. I just did my first ever black and white shots... (was a c-41, but it was still black and white... )

I am pretty happy with the results. and my mum even commented "they look good, considering i thought you were wasting film!"

anyways. heres a couple i like... I tried to print another one at a 5x7 aswell.. but the neg seems to have a funny print on it. looks kinda like my fingerprint... I tried to get it off, but i think i ruined the neg in doing so... Oh well... it was only a photo of my nodding sheep. (I do have a 4x6 that i will scan when i can be bothered)...

anyways. heres the two i really like...

crop0012small.jpg

crop0013small.jpg

What do you think?

My scanner didn't scan these very well.. But after playing with the brightness & contrast - they look more like the prints...

thanks guys!

Pretty kitty. :D That black fur looks glossy and beautiful! Sometimes animals make composition easier when they relax like that, don't they?

Try to let your eye inspect all 4 corners of the frame before you shoot; there is a fence post or something in the lower right hand corner that throws off the symmetry in your shot.

I like your second one, too, but would love to see more of that reflection - looks cool!

Not bad for your first B&W, try some more! Nice work. :D

Thanks guys...

He was sitting underneath the barbeque in this photo... the post is the leg of the barbeque.. so there wasnt really a lot i could do about it... (I might try giving it a crop and see what happens)...

and the second one was just me trying to waste the film... and it was reasonably light when i took this shot, so I wasnt thinking about the reflection... However, I have also thought it would look good with more reflection. I might re-take and see how i go...

Thanks for your comments :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back