My first ever "photo session" & post processing

AlleyCat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I started to have interest in photography few months ago and this is what I got from my first ever "photo session"
biggrin.gif
The model was my friend and because I didn't have professional equipment like difuser or pro lights I had to use photoshop to correct the pictures & add a little something into it. I used point&shoot camera instead of a dslr too. I wanted to try taking pictures first to see if I have any potential at all before investing into a dslr. I hope you like the result and feel free to give critiques (not only from the post processing point of view but also the angles and composition)
Thank you so much!

I'm attaching before and after & also some other that I haven't editted yet.

You definitly have an eye for people and if you are serious about this hobby you should absolutely invest in a dslr!! Good shots.

You definitely have potential. I would get a DSLR if you like photography, they're completely worth every penny! I would try going outdoors or using natural window light if you do not have any lighting equipment. A reflector, which you can make yourself or buy for about $20 is also good to use. Keep shooting!

Can you post bigger versions of this? They seem a little soft and couple of them are a tiny bit blurry. Your WB is off too.

Thank you guys so much for the encouragement and advice. I'm sending the pictures once again, this time already corrected with PS - I'm also quite new to the whole PS thing too so the WB may still be a bit off. Plus given the bad quality of the picture, given it's taken with a point and shoot camera, and the bad lights, this is all I could save.

@niforpix: yes, the WB of the pictures is really bad, I know. I wasn't used to her type of point&shoot camera so I couldn't find the WB option. I hope the corrected pictures are better WB-wise, let me know what you think.

@dab_20: thank you, I'm thinking of getting a dslr because during the post processing I realized how bad the quality was as it was shot with a p&s and had a huge amount of work correcting them. I editted some RAW pictures a while ago and didn't have any problem, so I guess a dslr is really necessary.

@jaime: thank you, I'm saving money for a dslr now :))

photot.jpg

26101453049004378888254k.jpg

26101453049054378888254.jpg

26101453049104378888254.jpg

Last edited:
RE: your reuploads:

I think the WB is so-so, could be better.. but no big deal.
You made good candid style shots. Most of them are really
quite charming I think.. #1 & #3 or #1/2/3. Attractive model.

I would try going outdoors or using natural window light if you do not have any lighting equipment. A reflector, which you can make yourself or buy for about $20 is also good to use. Keep shooting!

+1:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back