My first HDR Post

Thanks.

#7 & 8 don't really have much of the HDR effect though IMO. Looks like the same effect could have been done with a little photoshop.
These are actually some of my favorite types of scene. Whenever I'm walking or hiking in a forest, I love it when the sun trickles though the trees. My only problem, was that I knew that a typical photo would never do it justice because the range of tones was so great.

So considering that these photos (7 & 8), look somewhat normal, you have to imagine that that a single exposure would either have severely blown highlights or fully dark shadows.

Don't get me wrong -- I absolutely love them. And I must apologize; after I looked more into how to do HDR and the effects, etc. etc., it kind of just clicked that you can get better exposures with it if you work it right, and that not everyone wants their HDR to look like the vivid cool colors have infected the image like we've (or maybe just I've) come to expect from some HDR.. Haha I mean these are lovely Mike -- fantastic.

HDR effects like any new tool seems to swing to the extremes until people stop jumping on the band wagon, stop just pushing buttons without thought and get bored.

the workflow is intense and as anyother technique or tool takes time to become accomplished. It is here to stay, and in fact is not really new; just new to the masses on the internet (my 2cents)

I think as more people begin to use the technique to produce quality images more like "big mike" will see the advantage and perhaps even those that automatically hate HDR without really researching the technique may come to relax their passionate hate with a more rational view.

There is a lot of junk on the internet and there is also a lot of terrific work, takes time and education to separate the two

just my 2 cents

Great job controlling ghosting from foliage movement. It looks like the grass is blowing in the first shot, but it is nice and sharp. The mountain is a nice capture, but it still has a bit of lost detail in the sky.

# 1 looks great. What where you shooting with and what exposures did you use?

I like them, you haven't been tempted to go too far like so many HDR shots; you have retained a feeling of depth and contrast that so many HDR images have lost

# 1 looks great. What where you shooting with and what exposures did you use?
I was shooting with a 20D body & 10-22mm lens. I took several shots with varying exposures, then combined them (HDR & tone mapping).

It was actually a lot more foggy that it looks. Viability was much less that you see here. I don't think I could see those signs/posts.

The locations are wonderful, I may have to come up and visit you.
Back in the summer of 2007, we had a TPF meet-up not too far from here. Maybe it's time to start planning another one.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/past-meetups/89064-rocky-mountain-meet-up-july-2007-a.html

As you can imagine, the tallest peaks around here are the Empire State Building.
Those are beautiful photographs, what a location.

If you were to try and arrange another get together, I would be interested...Seriously

The locations are wonderful, I may have to come up and visit you.
Back in the summer of 2007, we had a TPF meet-up not too far from here. Maybe it's time to start planning another one.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/past-meetups/89064-rocky-mountain-meet-up-july-2007-a.html

As you can imagine, the tallest peaks around here are the Empire State Building.
Those are beautiful photographs, what a location.

If you were to try and arrange another get together, I would be interested...Seriously

The best time to shoot in the mountains is in the spring. The air is more clear than in the summer, there are snowy peaks, the water is running and there are less tourists...but it's still pretty cold.

This spring probably won't be good for me, but maybe I'll try to plan something for spring 2012.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back