My First Maternity Pic...C&C Please!!

DavidSR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

Here is my first maternity pic. of my fiance. I think the sun might have been too bright (went out around 5:00 p.m., will go back around 6). I would like C&C on the processing and on how to make her look more pregnant lol..she seems bigger than what she looks like in the picture. Please ignore the bad clone job, I will be re doing this.

Thank you!!

Link to larger image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3654/3403022241_067c3c69f2_b.jpg
3403022241_067c3c69f2.jpg

you cut off her head... i think i would like it a lot more if she had a head.. as for looking more pregnant.. she looks quite pregnant to me..its hard with smaller girls, because it takes them a while before they realllly look pregnant.. i mean, my secretary is now 6 months pregnant, and shes JUST starting to look it.. but i think your girl looks pretty good.. just give her a head.. the forground is kind of distracting in the photo though.. the OOF stuff...

the flowers are distracting. my eye gets pulled to them, not her belly.

nice picture. I would have not fully crop the head out, and yes the flowers in the foreground are a bit distracting.

Head cropped :( Otherwise a nice picture.

I dont like this shot at all really, you completely cut the mother out and just focused on the stomach. Do some research and look at really good maternity photographers to see how they do it. The flowers are very distracting. I personally would shoot this in a studio where I could control the lighting and get some nice moody shots.

Hi guys,

she seems bigger than what she looks like in the picture.

Not so much a photography critique, but a bit of advice..Ya may want to avoid saying something like the above quote near the fiance, or that baby may never get to meet Dad.:lol:

Not so much a photography critique, but a bit of advice..Ya may want to avoid saying something like the above quote near the fiance, or that baby may never get to meet Dad.:lol:

lol..I'll make sure I'm very careful haha..

Thanks for the comments guys!! As for cutting off her head..yes, that was intentional. I have seen a few maternity shots where the photographer focuses mostly on the belly and leaves most of the mother out. Perhaps if I zoomed in closer so her head wouldn't appear to be severed. Do you think that might make it a better shot? I just bought a Cactus V4 trigger set and now I just need to wait 15 days for delivery!!! I told her I needed to buy my trigger set in time so I have plenty of time to practice before the due date :). I'll be going back again, but this time at a later time so the sun isn't so hard.

Thanks again for the comments!!

Most reactions

Back