My first model shoot with the 1D Mark IV

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some pics from my first model shoot using my 1D Mark IV. I thought I would share.

767505657_qNndG-XL.jpg

767556136_Bangr-XL.jpg

767754703_G6D5U-L.jpg

Beautiful shots!
There is a "softness", not the focus kind, but a texture kind in each of those.
Is that the Mark IV look or is there something else there? How are you liking the Mark IV now that you have actually put it to work? Is it taking you much time to get the feel of where everything is on it?

Excellent work as usual.

In #1 what did you use to get the background/halo light? I really like that look but haven't been able to make it work for me.

Man, that camera takes some nice pictures.....:lol:

Great shots. :thumbup:

In #1 what did you use to get the background/halo light? I really like that look but haven't been able to make it work for me.

Snoot or barndoors. Guess would be the snoot.

Beautiful shots!
There is a "softness", not the focus kind, but a texture kind in each of those.
Is that the Mark IV look or is there something else there? How are you liking the Mark IV now that you have actually put it to work? Is it taking you much time to get the feel of where everything is on it?
The soft feel you get from the first second one is the shallow depth of field I think. On the first one, it's hard to say but it's pretty heavily edited. The halo in #1 was done with a 10% grid on a B800 hanging from a boom over her head.

I love the new body. It's identical to the 1D3 in terms of feel and performance with the exception of the high ISO capabilities. It feels quite familiar to me, which I like a lot.

Excellent work as usual.
Thank you!

Nice, from specs, reminds me of my D3S, how do you like the 1.3 crop?

I LOVE #2 I just wish you'd put the softbox higher by about 10 inches and get the catchlight above the midline of the eye.

Nice, from specs, reminds me of my D3S, how do you like the 1.3 crop?
I don't even think about the crop really. It's never bothered me. I do like full frame, but 90% of the time I don't think about it because I'm not using a fisheye lens or anything.

Congrats on the D3S, that's one amazing body.

I LOVE #2 I just wish you'd put the softbox higher by about 10 inches and get the catchlight above the midline of the eye.
Thank you. And I agree completely. Next time out I will be mindful of the catch lights and see if I can't get them better centered.

inTempus

Firstable Buddy congrats for your new machine hope that you enjoy could you provide some feedback about your experience with your new camera I'm really interested to hear about how perform from a real user not from a magazine.

Those are beautifull photos and the expo. and ilumination ratio look good. I would be a little bit carefull with the hair. I think that you would need to increase that hair light power by half stop to give more intesity to the hair color beside that I do not have nothing to said that the other user are been mentioned before. Again nice adquisition and congrats with your body.

I just acquired the D3s but I not been having the chance to get out a shoot.

Last edited:
inTempus

Firstable Buddy congrats for your new machine hope that you enjoy could you provide some feedback about your experience with your new camera I'm really interested to hear about how perform from a real user not from a magazine.
So far I really-really like the new body. It's a nice step up from the Mark III that it replaced in my camera bag. The ISO performance is outstanding and the new features really are useful such as the presets for landscape and portrait orientation and AF points. The LCD screen is mind blowing. The images look beautiful on there. I'm not embarrassed to show a model a shot on the camera anymore. :) I have no complaints so far.

Those are beautifull photos and the expo. and ilumination ratio look good. I would be a little bit carefull with the hair. I think that you would need to increase that hair light power by half stop to give more intesity to the hair color beside that I do not have nothing to said that the other user are been mentioned before. Again nice adquisition and congrats with your body.
Yeah, I agree that a light on the hair from the side in shot #1 would be a good thing. Unfortunately I only have 3 lights in my studio right now. I was using two softboxes on either side of her and one light mounted to a boom throwing light on the backdrop. Now that the Einsteins are about to go on sale, I will be picking up two new lights which will give me more flexibility in my setups.

I just acquired the D3s but I not been having the chance to get out a shoot.
Congrats! The D3S is a beauty. It makes the 1D4 look like a slouch at high ISO. :) I'm sure you'll get lots of beautiful images out of it.

I really like 2 and 3. A couple of her eyelashes look a little clumpy to me .. Really awesome work otherwise I think. Congrats.

Most reactions

Back