What's new

My first model shoot with the 1D Mark IV

I just acquired the D3s but I not been having the chance to get out a shoot.
Congrats! The D3S is a beauty. It makes the 1D4 look like a slouch at high ISO. :) I'm sure you'll get lots of beautiful images out of it.[/QUOTE]

Hey thanks for the compliment believe me both Bodies are great and I would like to have those 4 MP extra on the D3s.

If you have a 580 EXII check if you can setup the flash as a slave triggered by the AB's the Nikon SB-800 and SB900 can do that I'm pretty sure that canon should have the same future I will look to see if I find something.

Well assuming that the flash have that future you can setup the 580 EXII as a hair light with any light stand and you can play with the spread of light using the zoom function on the flash in that way is going to let you narrow or increase the beam of light like if you are using the Honeycombs on the AB's
 
The 580EXII won't respond to the AB flashes. I could trigger the AB's with the 580 though. But I won't mess with all of that, I plan on buying a couple additional lights once they're on the market here in a couple of weeks.
 
I saw the new Einsteins actually I'm really interesting on those lights, I have 2 AB1600 and 1 AB800 connected with the Cyber Comander and receivers let me tell you It work great. The workflow is really easy and because I have almost the same Wireless Structure as the Nikon Creative System Flashes the learning curve was almost nothing. Great News for Nikon Users. It is really nice to control all your lights from your camera specialty in locations shoots when the ilumination is changing every second that give you the ability to move from one setting to another without leaving your shooting position so Go ahead with those light but really if you can buy the receiver and the transmitter you going to love it.
 
I LOVE #2 I just wish you'd put the softbox higher by about 10 inches and get the catchlight above the midline of the eye.

I agree with this. It's a unique composition but I find the square catchlight a bit unnatural and distracting. Great work otherwise :thumbup:

Oh, and considering your focus on studio work, are you going to eventually upgrade to a 1DS whenever the mk4 comes out?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom