My first Pano

Hooker771

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a 10 photo set put together with Microsofts free pano software. Im very please with the results and ease of use. This was in the Smokies this last weekend.

4094037987_00cbfa6576_o.jpg

I place of a tripod I used the post from the back porch I was sitting on, but it served the same purpose. Then in lightroom I gave all of the pics the exact same number fill light to brighten the forground a bit, that was it.

As far as the program I literally loaded the pictures in and it spit this out. No mods needed.
Here is the software I used.
Microsoft Research Image Composite Editor (ICE)

This was about 90 degrees, there were 2 big trees on each side of me that ruined more of a pano. If already got my next idea for this weekend.;)

:thumbup: Great job! Are you going to have it printed?

I was just thinking about that on the way home. Where or how would I do that?

It looks blurry. Did you calculate the correct hyperfocal distance for you given aperture, focal length, and sensor size, or did you just focus at infinity (or let the camera's AF focus for you). If you focus at infinity, there's actually a little give there to focus past the point of infinity, to accommodate changes in temperature, and doing that by accident can put the image OOF.

Also, did you use manual exposure? It's important for panos that exposure stay the same throughout (making calculating correct exposure for really large panos a bit of a chore sometimes; ah well).

It looks blurry. Did you calculate the correct hyperfocal distance for you given aperture, focal length, and sensor size, or did you just focus at infinity (or let the camera's AF focus for you). If you focus at infinity, there's actually a little give there to focus past the point of infinity, to accommodate changes in temperature, and doing that by accident can put the image OOF.

Also, did you use manual exposure? It's important for panos that exposure stay the same throughout (making calculating correct exposure for really large panos a bit of a chore sometimes; ah well).

I have no idea.:lol:

Thank you for feedback, for the last month ive been like a sponge it seems. The more I post on here the better off I am! Thank you for your honesty. I always shoot in Manual so all of the others were the same settings.

Let me try to tweak them and start over. Maybe I didnt put my time in. Ill try again in a few

Did you calculate the correct hyperfocal distance for you given aperture, focal length, and sensor size, or did you just focus at infinity (or let the camera's AF focus for you).

Geez, I STILL haven't got the hang of really using my iTouch and the DOF app to make sure I have good focus on landscape shots

~Michael~

Most reactions

New Topics

Back