My First Phographs

genital_apparatus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so here are my first few photographic experimentations. Please criticise as you see fit! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Pretty nice stuff... I always like to see photos from a perspective you don't see every day. So I especially like #1 and #5 for perspective. The color is very nice in #1. In #2 you have some exposure issues with the sky - it's a bit too white. Easily fixed in PS. Try bumping up the saturation in the last three, I think it could especially help the river shot.
Looks good though!

Hey there TStorm, thanks for the input! For #2 I took the photograph just as the sun was going down. I was facing west when I took it, basically shooting against a sun-filled sky, so I guess that's why the sky is so clipped. My camera even told me that when I took the shot. I went out again this morning and shot it again, but this time with the sun behind me. Here is the result:

18_11_10_08_1_30_19.jpg

I brought up the saturation and the contrast just a little bit using Photoshop.

No one I know seems to like #6. I shot the flower from what I typically use and like perspective-wise, but what I was going for was the shadow that was cast over the blossom. I took multiple shots of the same flower from the same angle, and they were all a fair bit brighter, but this was the only one with that contrast between light and dark. It occurs to me that the flower in the background and to the left might be a little distracting. I'll try boosting the saturation like you said. :)

I am by no means a pro,but here is my input:

1- I love the focus and depth of field. Interesting angle.
The one thing I would watch out for is the backgrounds of your pictures. While you did a good job on the foreground, the flowers and fence and all are a bit distracting

2- Interesting colours. A shot from the middle of the street might be interesting, removing the side curb you see on the left side of the photo.
Also, watch the horizon line. If your foreground is important, have your horizon in the top 1/3 part of the pic. If the sky is important, have the horizon in the lower 1/3 of the pic. 50/50 is good for reflections as you have in your last post.

Again, watch the extra objects, like in 2 where you have stuff in the upper right hand side.

3- My fave of them all. The colours are really nice and the reflections is well done. If only the bush in the lower left hand side was not there... so next time, bring a saw :)

All in all, nice shots thoughts.

Thanks for the input there bigtwinky. There were a couple more photographs there when I posted originally, but the site which is hosting them is a little wonky at the moment, so they disappeared for a while. I'll see about fixing it.

Yes, I agree with you about me needing to work on backgrounds. At the moment I'm a little bit limited as to what I have to work with for backgrounds, but I'm hoping to get some basic backgrounds set up this week. This stuff is all new to me, so I tend to produce a lot of weird photographs. :confused:

Most reactions

Back