My first pics, please give me advice!

KabeXTi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
FYI I am a complete beginner at this dSLR photography and I still am unsure on what makes a picture 'good' or not. I have popped off about 250 pictures or so with my newly acquired XTi and these are really the only two that I thought (IMO) were decent. However, I want to hear what you think so please comment if you have a free moment.

Thanks for looking.

OldLamp.jpg

GuavaTree.jpg

It's "good" if you like it, and/or if others like it, but not necess. if others like it.

It's technically "good" if it follows the "rules" for most people...I find that even out of focus shots and "accidents" often have a story to tell or something to portray....but that's the artist in me, I suppose.

I like both of these....the first one reminds me of home, and how things always degrade...and the second one reminds me of Florida for whatever reason. :)

I would haveliked the see the whole light bulb in the first picture, but that's just me

good pictures!

Agreed with Jrmdb3. But the focus and subjects are nice! Welcome!

Thanks for the comments!

So, here is a question about the light bulb. Would you have liked to see the entire light bulb, or the entire housing of the lamp, too?

Thanks again

Personally I quite like the way you've concentrated your alignment on the base of the lamp rather than the lamp itself. It's a shame there's a modern bulb sat in there though, as it looks perfectly rustic on its own!

You have a little under exposure towards the bottom of your second shot, but it looks quite intentional.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back