My First Pics...

simsi123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all, got a new camera a few weeks ago, slowly getting to grips with it. As I'm a bit of a newbie to proper photography (never really had a half decent camera before) I wouldnt mind some sort of feed back on my first pictures. I know they're not brilliant... learning all the settings it proving to be a challenge in itself :)

mirror.jpg

lights.jpg

santa.jpg

merrychristmas.jpg

candle.jpg

last shot is my favorite, it came out really good, candle shots are usually very tricky as they have very little light in them. the first two are very confusing. They do not have one center of interest and are not focusing on any one thing in the shot. The santa in the third seems a bit under exposed and because of that a bit grainy. The fourth shot would have been better if you fully focused on the "Holly" on the ornament, and if here was a little less depth of field so that the rest of the ornaments had been blurred.

not bad though only way to get better is to keep photographing. what kinda camera did ya get?

I got the Canon 350D. the first pic happened by accident, I just seemed to like it, theres a black and white version of it as well which is a little different.

Come to think of it the only one I set out to take was the last one,. I've spent the last two weeks reading books on all the settings and just messing about to get the feel of it.

Nice to know that when I set out to take something I almost get it right at least :)

How long you been taking pictures for then ?

you'll quickly learn when you compose a shot and set it up you will almost always get what you wanted... i say almost because some times what you picture in your head just doesn't work out.

I've been photographing since i was a little kid... how long have a i been seriously taking pictures? About three years now and just got my first DSLR in October.

reading books is good (not for me though hehe) but now take what you've read and try applying it. although when i got my DSLR i knew a good amount about photography i have never once had my new camera in "auto" mode since i've had it.

I see...
Like most things its just a learning curve. I've always loved taking pictures, its only untill recently that i've got the opertunity to take proper pictures... but yeah, give it time :)

Good effort mate, i quite like number 4. The first shot for me is a bit bad, as you got half of you in it, and the subject not really clear. 2 is a good idea, a bit more practice there and it could be a good DOF shot. 3 is a bit dark, and lacks any real detail.
But good efforts mate, with the time of year there will be many more oppertunities for more.

Good effort mate, i quite like number 4. The first shot for me is a bit bad, as you got half of you in it, and the subject not really clear. 2 is a good idea, a bit more practice there and it could be a good DOF shot. 3 is a bit dark, and lacks any real detail.
But good efforts mate, with the time of year there will be many more oppertunities for more.
I wanted myself in the first one, admittedly I could have focused more on the subject but either way i wanted myself in it, i wouldn't make that big a mistake and not notice it if it wasnt meant to be there...

as for detail i uploaded these at work...file which were taken from downsized pics on my myspace, but you weren't to know that :)

thanks for the input :)

Most reactions

Back