What's new

My First Picture - C&C Please

Doonagoowin

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys!

So I've been lurking around on this forum for quite a while. I've taken a few snapshots here and there, but I need some help to develop my skills.

Here's the first serious picture I've taken. Was bored after finals today, and I spent the whole day playing CoD and reading up on the technical stuff. After getting the hang of it, I looked around for some pictures to take.

Here's one I liked the best. It's a train set under our Christmas tree.

The Polar Express :D

IMG_0005.jpg


I only cloned out a few "needles" on the ground.
Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

P.S. Is there any need for resizing?
 
Last edited:
not bad for a first shot. the train is a little underexposed, some nicely placed fill flash would probably have helped. also, be mindful of your background, getting all tree would have been better than the hutch imo.
 
thats a pretty good start. I agree with what was said. Do you mean cropping by resizing?
 
Thanks guys!
Oh I meant resizing as in a thumbnail or smaller image. I guess Photobucket/the forum does that already, so no need.
 
Very nice image - the picture works well. Focus is apt; I think you have opened the aperture to it's max; try stepping down by a stop and see. Angle that you have shot is excellent. The X-mas tree in the background is nicely defocused; the cabinet at the left edge does not add to the image - if you could recompose the image, it will perhaps be better. Overall - :thumbup:
 
Not bad, the background is distracting though.

I am not sure if I'm correct on this but to my eyes, the white balance looks off a little.
 
I agree with using just the tree as the back ground and exposing on the train more. Flash it or go to PS and selective lighten it? Just a tad more light and I liked the idea of stopping down a little to give yourself a little more depth of field!.

Congrats on a neat photo and keep trying! It only gets better as the photos get better!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom