My first picture with new camera

Ian20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to post this picture as it is my first with my new Nikon D3000.
I took it at 02.10am on this Friday morning using the 18-55mm lens set on i believe aperture priority at the Science Museum here in London and i don't think it turned out too bad considering that the majority of the lights were off for the night.
I didn't use a tripod and rested the camera on top of a stand in the main entrance area.
I was looking at the way the doors are lit by the blue lights from above.
I would appreciate any comments about how it looks.

Sincerely
Ian

The pics look great I think. Its hard to tell since I cant see them. Try to post them again.

Okay here i try again.

scimus005.jpg

Ian

The picture is very centered and it seems like there is a WB issue. Try to level out the floor and maybe shoot from one side more than the other or a high or low angle just experiment. GL
TJ

I agree with TJ. Try shooting at different angle to make it more interesting

Thank you for the comments.
Where the doors are located there is a wall to the left and right with large posters on them and i couldn't really get any closerwithout them being in shot.
I couln't use a tripod and had to use the only thing available to support the camera at the time.
And i was concerned that i didn't get any part of the background in focus as i felt it would spoil the shot.
If WB stands for white balance then i am still learning all the controls so it is going to take time to find my way around.

Ian

Until you get the hang of your camera I would make sure that whe white balance is set to auto.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back