What's new

my first picture

denny1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 20, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
6
Location
oregon coast
ok everyone so this is the first shot ive taken and attempted to edit at all, I am obviously a beginner at this and looking for any and all feed back about the picture and the editing, good bad or otherwise i really just want to learn how to take better pictures so let me know how i can improve.
$DSC_0855.webp$DSC_0854.webp$CSC_0863.webp
 
Just because there looks to be a disaster here doesn't make it good SLR. Looks like a video game scene, for a first picture. You saw this and wanted to take a picture of this and show us so bad. What am I looking at? A zoom would suffice, not another swamp ethic. Can you return to this location and show us some medieval mock up and not some more post modernism? Thanks by the way and I really do know what I am looking at. Be careful next time because this place looks dangerous.
 
Just because there looks to be a disaster here doesn't make it good SLR. Looks like a video game scene, for a first picture. You saw this and wanted to take a picture of this and show us so bad. What am I looking at? A zoom would suffice, not another swamp ethic. Can you return to this location and show us some medieval mock up and not some more post modernism? Thanks by the way and I really do know what I am looking at. Be careful next time because this place looks dangerous.

Uhhhh, whaaa?


I hope you can go back. I had to look closely to see it was raining. Otherwise it just looked like noise in the shot. Find a foggy day without the rain. I would also probably move a little to the left to get less of straight on shot of the boat, depending on how that works in reality. As for processing, #2 is a little too harsh for me (may be the noise), and #3 is too soft. Somewhere in between for me.
 
Not bad really. You recognized a good scene, and composed well.
 
sicboi- maybe i am missing something like i said i am new at all this, but i dont have a clue what you are talking about.

deeky-thanks for the feedback, what you describe is actually exactly what i had in mind, i drive passed this boat all the time and think next time its foggy i need to come get a shot of this, so today was that day, unfortunately by the time i made the drive out there the fog had lifted and it started pouring on me while i was out there, so i plan on going back i had to put on rubber boots and inch my way through the slop to get out there but i can definitely get further to the left. if tomorrow is any better i might try to get out before work. thanks again for the feed back

derrel- thanks
 
Just because there looks to be a disaster here doesn't make it good SLR. Looks like a video game scene, for a first picture. You saw this and wanted to take a picture of this and show us so bad. What am I looking at? A zoom would suffice, not another swamp ethic. Can you return to this location and show us some medieval mock up and not some more post modernism? Thanks by the way and I really do know what I am looking at. Be careful next time because this place looks dangerous.

Please explain what in the world any of that meant. I'm genuinely interested.
 
OP: I like #2. Well done.
 
thank you, does anyone have any suggestions for a beginner on photo editing software? I just have the program that came preloaded on my mac. which doesn't give me a whole lot to work with.
 
I've used Photoshop Elements before. I also recently signed up for the Adobe Creative Suite for Photoshop and Lightroom (I also have LR and it can do basic things). They were having a special for something like $10 a month, not sure if it is still available.
 
I think it's not a bad picture.Hey i'm a noob too we will get better in time.Just listen to this guys so far they have given me so good pointers
 
Iphoto will give you the basic tools you need to edit most photos but Aperture give's a huge range of adjustments and one of the easiest I have used.
 
I use Lightroom 4. I've not yet felt the need to buy photoshop.
 
........What am I looking at?...........


It appears to be a small ship, run aground, and listing 45° to starboard.

But that's just me. You, however, may be seeing Janet Jackson & Justin Timberlake's Superbowl Halftime Show being recreated by purple animated frogs on the surface of Mars.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom