What's new

my first picture

I love that #2 brings out the rain so much. Really gives a sense of what you were seeing/feeling.
 
I really like no. 2, just if that pole at extreme left was cropped, it's be a perfect photo. Still a really amazing photo for a beginner. Keep up the good work.
 
If this was my first shot I would definitely be pleased with it. I agree with others here about reshooting on a better day and with a different angle on the boat and watch the noise levels. As a personal preference I like the color shot because it shows the green moss of decay which for me lends a feel to the picture particularly with the dull day in which this was shot. Overall nicely done, enjoy
 
I like the second photo best, the only thing I would change is I would remove the post sticking out of the water on the left as it makes my eye wander over, or just crop it down slightly from the top left, making the wreck a little larger in the frame.
 
What am I reading here?

Just because there looks to be a disaster here doesn't make it good SLR.

Single Lens Reflex? An expensive Mercedes?

I don't see how a disaster, or a miracle, would consistute a good Single Lens Reflex.

Looks like a video game scene, for a first picture.

In what ways does it look a like a video game scene? Is there some video game that you've played where you've walked upon a boat listing in shallow water? What if it was a second picture? Would it still look like a video game scene, for a second picture? I can see for a third picture, but not for a first.

You saw this and wanted to take a picture of this and show us so bad. What am I looking at?

It appears to be a boat he saw. So he composed a shot, took it, edited it, and posted it here for critique.

A zoom would suffice, not another swamp ethic.

A zoom would suffice for what?

And swamps now have ethics? Ethics are a standard in which one judges what is good and what is evil. Life or death is man’s only fundamental alternative. To live is his basic act of choice. If he chooses to live, a rational ethics will tell him what principles of action are required to implement his choice. If he does not choose to live, nature will take its course. Are you suggesting that "swamp ethics" are the latter?

Can you return to this location and show us some medieval mock up and not some more post modernism?

Medieval art didn't always have a common vashing point, this will be vary hard to recreate in camera, which captures a real perspective.

There's nothing post-modernistic about this work of art.

Thanks by the way

You're not welcome.

and I really do know what I am looking at.

Then why'd you ask?

Be careful next time because this place looks dangerous.

No it doesnt. But your grammar sure is.
 
Last edited:
Wow, thank you everyone for all the comments i never thought this picture would get all these good comments, i agree now tbat you guys mention it that that pole is a little distracting, and i actually didnt even notice it when i was out there, i think i will try to edit it out untill i can make it back on a non rainy day (on the oregon coast those days are few and far between) thanks again everyone i really appreciate it
 
Denny1, Nice shots. Very cool location. SicBoi, this is your only warning. We don't attack our new members, and we're at least cordial to our old members.
 
Wow, thank you everyone for all the comments i never thought this picture would get all these good comments, i agree now tbat you guys mention it that that pole is a little distracting, and i actually didnt even notice it when i was out there, i think i will try to edit it out untill i can make it back on a non rainy day (on the oregon coast those days are few and far between) thanks again everyone i really appreciate it

Actually Denny a rainy/overcast day might really work better - it sort of sets the right mood/tone for the stranded boat for the sky to be gloomy and overcast. Just my humble opinion of course.
 
Good composition and subject, I like the mood of #3 best.
 
I really like it. A lot better than my first attempts. Plus I'm subbing for hopeful explanation reply!
 
Just because there looks to be a disaster here doesn't make it good SLR. Looks like a video game scene, for a first picture. You saw this and wanted to take a picture of this and show us so bad. What am I looking at? A zoom would suffice, not another swamp ethic. Can you return to this location and show us some medieval mock up and not some more post modernism? Thanks by the way and I really do know what I am looking at. Be careful next time because this place looks dangerous.

None of this makes any sense at all.

OP, I like them all but the first is my favorite.
 
for your first photo its not to bad, good job, if anything i think it needed to be cropped maybe like this, i did this because you eye goes to the bright sky and not the boat, so by cropping down you now have more focus on the boat.

$DSC_0855edit.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom