My First Pictures post...please look and critique

aweb108

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello everyone....i am 16 and enjoy photography... my camera is a Canon 40D and i have a 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 IS lens..i dont have much experience but i am trying and getting better..i most often photograph cars but i do all things..please tell me what you think of the pictures below..i will also like to know what kind of lens you guys recommend for my camera...is what i currently have a good lens for "stay on" general use or is there something better that you recommend..also what is a good lens for shooting cars rolling like picture 9(i know #9 sucks just showing what kind of shot i want to take)..thanks in advance

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1934-4.jpg

I would think for #9 the lens you're working with is ok. You might try slowing your shutter speed and work on panning. This will blur the background but keep the car in focus. It will make the car look like it's in motion instead of freezing everything.

Last edited:
1. get down more and consider your background.

2. I would shift the focus a little deeper if you are going to work that shallow. The logo on the wheel is not enough out of focus so I want to see what it is.

3. Nice. The colors and DOF work for me on this one.

4. All the specular highlights make this busy even though out of focus. The subject doesn't quite seem in focus as well.

5. Doesn't do a whole lot for me.

6. I like this one a lot. The composition , dof and colors are very nice.

7. I would boost the contrast & vibrance a little. I would like to see the boat pop more. Maybe crop to bring the boat forward as well.

8. I like the composition and colors. I would like to see the badge be sharper though. A little more DOF.

9. The background clutter detracts. This should definitely be a pan as stated above.

There's promise in all of them and post could make a few of these a little better. Nice job.

i love the Lambo..who's Lambo is that.

i love the Lambo..who's Lambo is that.

which one...the green one is a 2008 LP640 and that is my fathers..the yellow one is a Gallardo with Heffner Twin Turbo Performance package with 1000hp and that is a friends car

Very cool man. I used to drive around a jato. Had a local track that in the summer we used to hold timed 5minute races.

That lens you got for starting out is great kit lens. I have the same one and in fact used that lens to take my profile picture for here and some of the portraits I have done. It pretty sharp for what it is at 135mm for portraits. Will be a good walk around lens till you learn some more bout photography and what you want to shoot. Good start man!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back