What's new

My First Portrait pictures C&C Please

JKnobelock

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
St.Peters, Missouri
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I finally got my hand at portraits. Did this for a friend of mine.. let me know what you think of them, she hasnt seen them yet, so i dont know how she is gonna react.
1.
Portrait_1_1_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

2.
Portrait_1_2_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

3.
Portrait_1_5_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

4.
Portrait_1_6_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg

5.this one she was just having fun with lol
portrait_1_3_by_LytestylePhotography.jpg
 
They all seem to be pretty well done. Maybe a tad underexposed, but that may just be my taste.

The only one I have a problem with is #5. Makes me think I should be hearing "Girls, Girls, Girls" by Motley Crew. I don't think that was the look you were going for here. :)
 
I'm in no place to give any constructive criticism, but from a spectator's point of view, they're really nice shots.

I really love the third one. Underexposed as said Sodak, but something tells me that was what you were going for?

Either way, nice shots. ^^
 
lol, that actually was, she was just having some fun with it, her friend that was with her was making many comments when she decided to make that pose lol.
 
I'm in no place to give any constructive criticism, but from a spectator's point of view, they're really nice shots.

I really love the third one. Underexposed as said Sodak, but something tells me that was what you were going for?

Either way, nice shots. ^^

#3 actually is a bit more underexposed than i would like, I'll be going back in to lighten it up lol.
 
God bless Photoshop. XD
 
I love them....verryy nicely done!! The exposure in all of them is to what is "in" in teenage photography and I think it looks great!!
 
Love #3 and 4, great job on all of them!!
 
I think #1 has great potential, but maybe a little bit of photoshop to some blemishes and a little whitening of the teeth might make it stand out better. #3 is my favorite of the bunch. I think the B&W works well here. #4, I think that pose makes her look like she has enormous feet and a tiny head with a tree growing out of it (something I've done MORE than once myself). #5 is silly and captures a bit of her personality. I'm sure this isn't one she will want to frame and put in the living room, but she will get a kick out of it for many years.
 
I really like them. As far as posing is concerned, I feel that you've done well. They are definitely pleasing to look at. I'm with everyone else, a little underexposed. When I look at them almost the last thing that really CATCHES my eye is the model, not because of positioning, but because there are other things in the photo that draw my eye with lighting. Does that make sense? There's probably a fancy name for this, but as I'm very new, I don't know it!

2 & 4, for example, I love the colors in the trees in the background, but then I realize I am meant to see the girl. Otherwise, I think it's great for your first shoot!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom