My first post - and first attempt at skatepark photos!

woojiebear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first try ever at skatepark photos.
Just lookin for some feedback :)
thanks!

benlee37.jpg

benlee4.jpg

benlee50.jpg

benlee60.jpg

CUTE.jpg

benlee12.jpg

benlee21.jpg

benlee27.jpg

quite a lot to comment on, your better just posting a few pics. They look quite good, especially the bike frozen in action. looks cold there too
u might be better off using a smaller aperture if you can. leave the background a bit out of focus

thanks - ya, sorry, you're right about posting too many haha. next time :p
good tip - i was playing with a bunch of different settings to see what worked.

To much to comment but I will comment on the second one since it's bothering me the most. I don't like how the subject is flying off the frame. Next time try to compose such that if the subject is facing left they are on the right side and vice versa.

i like number 5. the young boy. slight background blur and in action. cute kid.

also just the lighting. cloudy day makes it almost seem black and white but then the graffiti pops out

nice

Great actions shots. I think you did a good job freezing your subjects in place. However I think using a lower aperture would do wonders for you. I feel like your shots are to busy and the background takes focus away from your subjects. Also it seems like you are shooting all of your pictures from the same height. Try adjusting your point of view to add a interesting perspective.

http://cameraspeak.com/

I'm liking the last two... but Oh my gosh those boys need helmets :(
I'm assuming you used some sort of photoshop type software for these to get the desired background not in camera settings... Not usually a fan but I like it on the majority.

Most reactions

Back