My first post here

crispyc4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A set of old bamboo wind chimes. Let me know what you think

26976.jpg

yeah, I know what you mean. The textures were what really made me take the pic. Thanks for the comments

Welcome to the forum, crispyc. Interesting to be finding a South African member here! :)

I understand that you mean to show the texture and the play of light and shadow. But I would like to see some more "context" here, if you see what I mean. Any chance there is another photo of those wind chimes... less close up?

LaFoto said:
Welcome to the forum, crispyc. Interesting to be finding a South African member here! :)

I understand that you mean to show the texture and the play of light and shadow. But I would like to see some more "context" here, if you see what I mean. Any chance there is another photo of those wind chimes... less close up?

Here is the only other photo I have of them, different angle, and not a very good photo :confused:

316802.jpg

Ah, but even though it might not be the most artistic of photos, it still helps to understand what we see in the first! Thanks for putting this one up, too. :)

Thanks for the comments LaFoto. Maybe I should've left out the description and let you guys guess ;-)

Welcome to the forum. A great idea - wood gives such a warm feeling and you've got the perfect light there. Don't forget that you don't just have to use the camera vertically or horizontally - especially with uniform patterns like that - take some crazy angles to get some diagonal stripes. A close-up of the grain would work well in B&W as well. A good start though - keep em coming!

Rob

Most reactions

New Topics

Back