My first post - Pictures from Nice. C&C please

chennaiguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently bought my first DSLR and was lucky enough to land a trip to Nice. Here are some pictures I shot there. Your C&C are welcome.

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg
IMG_1039.jpg
IMG_1119.jpg
IMG_0955.jpg
IMG_1362.jpg

Thanks for the CC @MohaimenK. I had to over expose the tower and rocks to bring out the texture of the foliage.... The picture was shot in Av mode.... and each F-stop either over exposes or under exposes part of the picture....

Photo four could use a bit off-blue correction of the white balance without it affecting the blue sky and water. Personally I like the exposure of the third picture best but could use a tad more vibrancy. I really like your last image even though it is a bit over exposed. You can try and shoot raw and do post processing on your computer. For raw format, you can over expose to some extend and still retain all detail. Nice going!

Thanks for the CC @MohaimenK. I had to over expose the tower and rocks to bring out the texture of the foliage.... The picture was shot in Av mode.... and each F-stop either over exposes or under exposes part of the picture....

You could have shot it with a lower ISO also to improve color detail.

I am definitely no expert, but I like the last two shots even though number 5 looks over saturated. I just wish there was more detail in the statues in front of the fountain.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279218965&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera (Updated Edition)…[/ame]

The last 2 were awesome I feel like the second to last could use a little bit more light or it's underexposed I could say.

1) foreground could use more light.
2) blurry and over processed.
3) slightly underexposed
4) not bad
5) the statues in the water need more light.
6) ur best out of the six imop

Thank you everyone for your excellent feedback... Each one of these are hand held shots... and in most cases I had to either shoot during midday, when the light was at the harshest (reason for under exposing the statues in 5 and preserve details of the water) or I had to shoot late in the evening (2 - no post processing. Straight off the camera in jpeg format).

Most reactions

Back