Rock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
christopherkimball.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1438241654_b0dfd1932d.jpg

I took this with my P&S Fuji S3100 the other day.

I am saving for a new DSLR but in the mean time I thought I would share this one.

1438241654_b0dfd1932d.jpg

Welcome and what a beautiful flower to start with.

I have gone to properties and copied the location up to just before the ? and then clicked on the little picture icon (second from right) above when posting, so others too lazy to leave the forum can enjoy your image.

I am sure there is a tutorial somewhere on the forum on posting pictures - i had to be taught and now perhaps some wish i hadn't! If folk have to visit Flikr - ofter you have to close all tabs and re-visit the forum from the browser.

Have fun with us- Folk are mostly knid - at least until they know you and I know I have learnt a lot from others sharing their expertese.

Rock - I am a Bear of Little Brain! The first post on this forum - the sticky - tells you how to post and upload your images. We look forward to seeing more and good luck with you saving - DSLR's are nice to use but do not give any excuse for the operator!

What a pretty daylily! Next time, move a little higher and shoot downward, to get rid of that street. It seems nice and clear. When you zoom in, can you see the mounds of pollen that usually occurs on these?

Marian

Heya Rock, welcome to ThePhotoForum. :D
And Fangman is right (and did the right thing): when you store your pics at flickr.com, they always add this funny ?v=0 to the extension of the photos. So try as you might (using our image icon and all), they won't show up here. Lose those four signs, make your URL end in .jpg and nothing else, and then using the Insert-Image-Icon will allow you to actually let your pic show inside your thread.

Nice one here. Lovely flower. Good colours. If that one is in your front garden and if it is still there, you might want to bring out the step ladder, climb on that (have the neighbours giggle ;)), and take the pic from higher above to get rid of the road as background (has been said before, and I only repeat it because it is true). Nicely blurred as it might be, it still isn't blurred enough NOT to be distracting, it so clearly (blurredly?) is a street, see?

Happy further posting!!! :D

nice image and welcome to this forum :)

Welcome, Rock, and way to go on posting an image in your first post! I don't have anything to add to what has already been said, but wanted to welcome you. Maybe you can head over to the Introductions forum and tell us a little about yourself.

Thanks for all the kind words.

I can't reshoot the image as I took it at a rest stop on the Virginia/North Carolina border....

Maybe I will wander uptown this weekend and find some stuff to share.......

Hey Rock. Welcome to the forum. Glad to see another Tarheel join the forum anytime. I live just East of Raleigh.

Most reactions

Back