What's new

My first posting

Callenm

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 27, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Location
South Carolina
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple of pictures I took in Shanghai, China... Please be gentle.... Hahaha
 

Attachments

  • $image-687286916.webp
    $image-687286916.webp
    103.2 KB · Views: 130
Thy both look out of focus. I'm guessing your not using a tripod like these low light shots need.
 
I can see only one image of the illumined castle...and that has come out very nice :D
 
NorthbyNorthwest said:
Good shot, but this is the "people" subforum. I locate no people in this shot... :)

I noticed that after I posted it, but could not figure out how to move it...
 
Frequency said:
I can see only one image of the illumined castle...and that has come out very nice :D

I was trying to DIY the post and move it, but one of the pictures deleted instead... Thanks
 
Hi Callenm, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Whenever you do night photography, you HAVE to make use of a tripod or - in case you couldn't bother to carry one from the States to China - a very high ISO (which will result in quite some noise, depending on which camera you use), but at least it might offer you shutter speeds that you can still hold still. Seems like in the case of the one photo still showing you couldn't, so you get blur.
 
LaFoto said:
Hi Callenm, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
Whenever you do night photography, you HAVE to make use of a tripod or - in case you couldn't bother to carry one from the States to China - a very high ISO (which will result in quite some noise, depending on which camera you use), but at least it might offer you shutter speeds that you can still hold still. Seems like in the case of the one photo still showing you couldn't, so you get blur.

Awesome... Thanks for the suggestion. It is so hard to pack for a business trip and bring my toys...

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum
 
If you can't bring a tripod, look for something to prop the camera on, like a wall or railing.
 
In addition to what the others have said, a wider shot showing more of the reflection would have taken this to the next level in terms of composition.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom