My First Pregnancy Photos C&C Please

katerolla

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, these are of a friend of mine, they are my frist pregnancy photos i have taken, so if there is any thing that i can do to improve them please let me know, be as hash as you feel.

MattStacey25-1.jpg

MattStacey21-1.jpg

MattStacey4-1.jpg

Last edited:
They are too dark for my liking, honestly. I like the idea of a silhouette, or a low light image outlining her shape, but 1 and 2 look oddly faceless and I think you need to have some hint of a loving-my-baby expression. The third is better, by far, showing both her face and her belly - I'd like to see it bigger though, because I can't see the details well on this monitor. They are flattering, however and that's a big plus for this type of work.

i feel that the lighter once where you can see her face are a little personal, so they are for her eyes only

I agree with stella.

#1 really doesn't convey enough information.

#2 has a nice feel to it. There is something about "not seeing" her face that makes it more universal.

#3 is interesting -- suggests the wonder, the anticipation, the mystery of it all.

I think you're off to a good start. Oh, and I like the Kat, Kat.

Ooh - look, bigger, like magic.

Yes, I do like the last one best and I like it more that I can see her face. The first one is totally faceless and bordering on creepy. And her bracelet is catching the light - maybe edit that down. I think I would prefer only wedding/engagement rings (if she has/wears them) and ditch the other bling unless there is particular meaning to it that is relevant to the image.

That said, I think these are a good start. Call your friend over and try again; I'm sure the results will be worth her time.

yes your right about the bracelet, i have to watch for small detail like that, i only put up the darkes once where you can't see her face. i did do some research on the internet and most of the once i found where dark where you can't see the models face, but the only thing that bothers me is the colour balance, it seem to differ

I absolutely love 2 and 3. 2 Is stunning in my personal opinion and I personally would have loved it had I managed to get a shot like that during any of my pregnancies. It really seems to symbolize the unknown and that underlying worry that every mother feels along with the love,care and attention. It almost looks like that moment in the morning, where she takes that moment just for her, when the sun has finally crested over the mountains and nobody else in the world is awake..... that special sacred moment just for her and her wonderful growing miracle.

3 Is great as well, I like the personal touch of her face being more in focus, but also more cliche of the typical pregnancy shots that I've seen. Very attractive, very loving and caring, a look and expression that she would share with her child and her husband, a bond so beautifully portrayed. Though I have to say from my personal opinion, I prefer the position of her face in #2 over this one.

I really like what you did with the lighting. Sometimes a minimalist approach is best, and you did really well here with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back