What's new

my first rain shots

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 1, 2009
Messages
637
Reaction score
27
Location
cornelius, NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$DSC_0008.webp


$DSC_0006.webp


$DSC_0002.webp

i like the second one the best
 
I like the first and second ones myself. It was hard to find a good perspective for the third one.
 
These are kind of neat and very different than what I was expecting for "rain shots" - except for the last one. The second one would be better if taken from a higher perspective - next time. If I saw the third one by itself, I would not know it was rain - looks more like asphalt pavement - but it was probably a good try when you took it.

WesternGuy
 
thanks for the input, i wouldve stayed out longer but it started raining a half hour before i had to leave for work and it always rains when im at work and i cant take my camera with me, plus ive been scared of getting the camera and lens wet.

whats good for getting water drops off of a lens? a microfiber towel maybe?
 
here are the others i took just before work


$DSC_0009.webp


$DSC_0010.webp


$DSC_0011.webp
 
These are kind of neat and very different than what I was expecting for "rain shots" - except for the last one. The second one would be better if taken from a higher perspective - next time. If I saw the third one by itself, I would not know it was rain - looks more like asphalt pavement - but it was probably a good try when you took it.

WesternGuy


it is asphalt pavement with the rain drops bouncing off of it
 
Hmm...i think these images suggest some after effects of a rain and not rain itself...please shoot an eye level image of the real rain

regards :D
 
aside from that, what do you think of the images?
 
You must excuse me this time..... i am not much impressed (please retaliate me with some wonderful rain shots ;) )
Regards :D
 
These latest three are underexposed and a lot of each image appears to be out of focus. Also, it really is not obvious that it is rain, although I do see water and water drops or splashes of some sort. You might want to think about your composition and exactly what it is you are trying to capture. Perhaps, by now, you have begun to realize that photographing "rain" is not that easy, particularly if you want people to see "rain" when they look at your images. I would suggest that you might want to try searching the net using the phrase "rain photography" and see if tis gives you any ideas and you might also get an idea or two about how other photographers are capturing "rain".

WesternGuy
 
yeah, ill do that for next time, if i wasnt so scared about getting my camera damaged by it
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom