My First Real Attempt At Photography/Photoshop

Hof8231

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, new photography enthusiast here. I just recently went through a lot of physical trauma that included several surgeries so I'm home from school to heal until I get better. I can, however, get out and do some things though so I chose to get into photography to keep me active. This is my first real attempt at photography and editing photos in Photoshop. Please let me know what you think. Any input is really appreciated!

$Bucks Courtyard.jpg$Stairs Bucks.jpg$Statue.jpg$Creek Tunnel.jpg$Covered Bridge Side.jpg$Seashell.jpg$Sign.jpg$Tractor.jpg$Spraypaint Bottles 1.jpg$Steps 1.jpg

Welcome to the forum. A couple of things you might want to think about - 1) it will help a reviewer if you number your images. That way they are more easily referred to when you post more than 1 or 2. 2) Try and post about 3 to 5 images and tell us why you like them. Asking for a review of/input for 10 images is probably not going to get much response as if you think about it for a minute, anyone reviewing an image will take 2 to 5 minutes per image and so you are asking a reviewer to spend about 20 to 50 minutes on your photos - probably not going to happen, whereas 3 to 5 images most folks can deal with. If you have a lot of images, then you might want to consider breaking them up into more than one post.

WesternGuy

My over-all impression is that you have some potential and a reasonable eye for composition. You do seem to have a tendency to be a bit too dark (under-exposed) though.

Welcome to the forum. A couple of things you might want to think about - 1) it will help a reviewer if you number your images. That way they are more easily referred to when you post more than 1 or 2. 2) Try and post about 3 to 5 images and tell us why you like them. Asking for a review of/input for 10 images is probably not going to get much response as if you think about it for a minute, anyone reviewing an image will take 2 to 5 minutes per image and so you are asking a reviewer to spend about 20 to 50 minutes on your photos - probably not going to happen, whereas 3 to 5 images most folks can deal with. If you have a lot of images, then you might want to consider breaking them up into more than one post.

WesternGuy

I gotcha, sorry about that. I'll definitely keep that in mind next time. I'll learn the ins and outs of all this eventually. I appreciate the input.

My over-all impression is that you have some potential and a reasonable eye for composition. You do seem to have a tendency to be a bit too dark (under-exposed) though.

Nice shots you got there. Most are a under exposed would be my only comment.

Yeah, I was mainly messing around with shutter speed yesterday. I guess it was too fast and the aperture was too high. I'll definitely work on that. There's a whole lot to this photography thing that I didn't realize so I'm trying to work on one or two thing at a time. It's definitely a lot of fun though, very relaxing. Thanks for the input!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back