my first real attempt

JahLynJie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jahlynjie.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still getting to know my editing program (PhotoFinish) and I just had to show you the results of my first real attempt at editing. Nothing big really, but I'm sitting here pretty proud of myself :D

Before:
2005_20.jpg

After:
WORKSHY.jpg

I just cloned out the chair. Pretty basic but hey, I think it's cool.
Does it look alright? Any way that I could've done it a little better?
Thanks.

There is still a little fringe of black on the top of his/her neck but in general a nice job.

Congrats.

Thanks.
There's still a little on the edge on her ear that's starting to bother me, too. I think I may go back and try to retouch it a little.

I was a little unsure of how close to her ear/fur I wanted to go and keep it looking fairly natural.

Nice job, try zooming in & lightly erase the black so the fur fades in with the carpet as they're both similar colours.

& very cute dog.

Thanks guys. I'll see if I can zoom in to pixel size and clean that up a bit. The more I look at it, the more it bothers me lol.

Also , dont know if your program has it but try turning down the intensity when cloning around the edges of the dog.

looks like a great start, there's something about first learning the clone tool that makes you feel like a magician!

in the future you might want to select in a little closer and feather the selection a couple pixels (if available). I might try and use the clone brush agian, clone the carpet, and the if you can use a soft brush to clone away the black. if you dont have a soft brush run the blur tool/brush down the edge to smooth it out.

you could also try and shrink the brush size a bit and lower the opacity and try and clone the hairs from the ear to the other (might take photoshop for that though could need a transform to "flip" it) You could also select the newly clones carpet and darken it a bit with the brightness slider, its a little bit brighter.

You might be able to find someone with adobe elements that received it with a scanner/cammera combo, I had 2 or 3 copies of them and threw them out or I would send you one.

anyway good job and keep practicing!

aww.. i thought you needed help with the ear. so i gave it a go..

oh well.. here is mine.

workshycopyai5.png

This task really isn't best suited for cloning.

This is just my opinion, but if I were gonna do this I would take another picture of the carpet and comp it in where the problem area is.
Then use the clone tool to blend it.
Would save alot of time and give a totally seamless result.

This task really isn't best suited for cloning.

This is just my opinion, but if I were gonna do this I would take another picture of the carpet and comp it in where the problem area is.
Then use the clone tool to blend it.
Would save alot of time and give a totally seamless result.

would save alot of time if you had a picture of a carpet. that was the same as the original....

I think its a pretty good first attempt, and there are many solutions to every problem ESPECIALLY in graphics.
The clone tool works fine for this in my opinion, you just have to be careful with it.
this was a great first attempt, but like people have already said. need to watch out when it comes to the detail round the edges of the ear.

All that needs to be done is to take another snapshot from the same angle.

The person who took the photo took it at their house I assume, so taking another photo takes a few seconds.

Yeah it's a good start I'm not arguing that. The clone tool works fine for this task, no argument there.
All I'm saying is that using the clone tool here will take 20 minutes or so, but comping a new photo in and blending it will take 5-10 minutes. And it'll produce a better result. No artifacts or patterns left over.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back