My first senior pics

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hopefully it opens up opportunities in the senior pics market. Also this is kinda my first time shooting a male. I really didnt know what else to do besides hands in the pocket, arms crossed.

p607284343-4.jpg

p956205489-4.jpg

p618210837-4.jpg

p1067693370-4.jpg

p790736927-4.jpg

p644755898-4.jpg

p19202913-4.jpg

Should I tell them what to wear next time? He wore kick arse shoes though.

White shirt and [almost] black trousers??? Dude, you know better than that!!

Oh, come ON dude--these are pics of Twenny-five Cent, the new white rapper from Colorado! He can wear whatever he wants, because whatever the customer wants is the right thing!

I dont mind the white shirt, its not like they are a familly of 4.

White shirt and [almost] black trousers??? Dude, you know better than that!!

Oh, come ON dude--these are pics of Twenny-five Cent, the new white rapper from Colorado! He can wear whatever he wants, because whatever the customer wants is the right thing!

OREALLY?! you seems excited by all of this derrel. another useless post.

Nothing wrong with the clothing , but would have moved him to the shade and lit him up there. Most of the poses are straight on and he looks like he is in an un-natural poses for him. I like the one on the fence but would have walked around the location and gotten different angles. The shot on the steps is a cool location and if he was not wearing white would have had him lean back on the wall and relax. Basically just tell them to relax and sit as they normally would, if they are finding it hard start setting up your tripod etc. and watch them as they are waiting for you as they will normally strike a relaxed and natural pose that you can take advantage of.
-
Thanks for sharing and shoot well, Joe

Should I tell them what to wear next time? He wore kick arse shoes though.
Something that doesn't quite cover all ten zones in six feet? ;) Seriously, when you're doing this type of work, ALWAYS recommend clothing to your clients. Granted, they may not always follow it, or want to wear something that's not optimal for a specific reason, okay, fine, they're the client, and they're right, but you should try. Looking at your backgrounds, I'm thinking something in a nice brighter blue/red would have worked well.

Here is the full set if you want to see 50+ images. I did mostly natural light with no relfector. The sun was mostly diffused but once in a while it came out. I did a lot of off camera flash too. I also experimented some of the PP too with high clarity to increase the "cool" factor LOL.

Usagani Photography - Denver, CO | Cody

Here is the full set if you want to see 50+ images. I did mostly natural light with no relfector. The sun was mostly diffused but once in a while it came out. I did a lot of off camera flash too. I also experimented some of the PP too with high clarity to increase the "cool" factor LOL.

Usagani Photography - Denver, CO | Cody
-
I like 3 as it has a little angle to it
12 as eyes are a open and smile is not exagerrated
20 good separation from the background
-
I always go to the SYNC web site and look around before a senior shoot SYNC Inc. that way you can get and idea of what others are doing. That way you can set yourself apart from others in YOUR area.
-
Shoot well, Joe

Thanks for the link! Yeah.. I am 33 so it has been a long time since HS plus I didnt go to HS here so I have no idea hahaha.

I went to a seminar earlier this year and the speaker recommended loading my favorite photos (mine and from other photographers) onto my iPhone and using them for reference when posing clients and looking for shots.

Took a look at Cory's gallery. He's a smiler and a squinter, isn't he? Some of your best shots were when he was doing neither. Lots of hands in pockets or buried in his armpits, but nerves could be a part of that. Be aware of those tendencies next time. What are some of his hobbies or interests? Try having some props with those in mind. This will give him something to do with his hands and take his mind off having his picture taken. I think some shots where he is not looking at the camera would also be a nice adjunct. You have some nice work in those, but a lot of repetition too.

Well, he likes cars. Asked him if he wants some pics with his suped up subaru, but he said no. Wanted to do some jumping pics, he said no. I should have asked him not look at the camera more ofthen though. You are right.

As far as props, I know he wont like it. I asked him to jump and he said only chicks at his HS do that kind of shots LOL. Props is definitely not "cool".

I am pretty proud with the accomplishment I did with the off camera flash though. Usually I hate doing it because i have to carry around light stand and stuff. Since he showed up with his parents I had to recruit them to hold the flash on monopod lol.

Most reactions

Back