What's new

My first shot at a time lapse.

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
4,057
Reaction score
230
Location
Baltimore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone. This is a time lapse shot from the window in the back of my house.

Equipment used:
Nikon D300s
Sigma 10-20mm F/4-5.6
$30 Targus tripod
720 images compiled at around 24 FPS.

I think all in all, it turned out alright. You can let me know what you think if youd like. I appreciate all comments. Again, I know it's nothing special, but Im excited for what the future will hold for this for me. I quite enjoy it. Next time Ill know not to batch process out a dust spot! :madmad::banghead::grumpy::cry:

View in 480!


Cant get the uploaded quality to look the same as the photos..but its okay I suppose.

Mark
 
Last edited by a moderator:
well i think it turned out quite good.
i might try that some time.
 
Thanks. (:

Mark
 
There seems to be a hell of a lot of coming and going in next door's shed :er:

Well done, not tried it before although have thought about it.
 
Well today we had 40+ mph winds. Thats why the door keeps blowing about. This only covered 90 minutes. The wind was terrible today. This was actually shot from inside my house on a tripod held down by my 30+lb camera bag. The wobbling in the beginning is because of the wind. That was before I put on the camera bag for stability. Sorry about that. (:

Its killing me to see it at such bad quality. It looks so much better on my hard drive. Still not as great as the photos, but still better than the quality youre getting on youtube.

Mark
 
very nice. this is something i have been dieing to try.
 
Aloha MarkW
Very good...I bought a time lapse remote and was thinking of doing it also...were you just randomly picking how many shots to record like 1 every 5 seconds for a total of 750 images...how long did you do it for. Then running them together in something like Imovie or Moviemaker or Final Cut Express

Island Boy

Thanks for sharing...now you have me interested
 
It was windy here so the clouds were moving relatively fast. I knew I needed a short interval so the clouds wouldnt look like they were moving too fast and it was blocky. That's why I made it 8 second intervals. I knew I wanted at least 30 seconds of film, so at 24 FPS, in order to get 30 seconds of film, 30seconds x 24 frames each second = 720 frames total. Ran them together using Quicktime Pro. Hope this helped. If you have any other questions, let me know. Id be more than happy to answer them. :thumbsup:

Mark
 
It was windy here so the clouds were moving relatively fast. I knew I needed a short interval so the clouds wouldnt look like they were moving too fast and it was blocky. That's why I made it 8 second intervals. I knew I wanted at least 30 seconds of film, so at 24 FPS, in order to get 30 seconds of film, 30seconds x 24 frames each second = 720 frames total. Ran them together using Quicktime Pro. Hope this helped. If you have any other questions, let me know. Id be more than happy to answer them. :thumbsup:

Mark

Mahalo MarkW...most helpful! Keep shooting.
 
Very cool haven't seen anything like this would be super fun to try!! Is there a special name for the remote you have to buy to achieve time lapse? Again great video!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom