My First SOLO Wedding

Very good for the first SOLO ;)

IMHO- 2,3,4 need to be brighter. If you do not enhance brightness in PS, I would recommend to use exposure bracketing.

If you need to ask -------------------> a big yay!

It has everything that the original does not. Its personal and connecting with the viewer and allows you to have a look around and feel happy with the resting point on her eyes with no distraction. It does not have the distraction of dark tree trunk on one side vs brighter background on the other side. Because its a closer crop you feel a connection with the subject you simply do not feel in the original.

It has more potential too in that you could brighten it up and get an even better result on top of you crop tweak.

Selective colouring? not for me. And in absolute honesty I have only ever met one single person who liked it. Just because it can be done does not mean it should be done. I have spoke with alot of photographers and clients alike about this.

Final opinion - lots of potential and you obviously enjoy your photos. Best to you :)

Vignetting vignetting vignetting, scrap that. And work on composition, though some of these are better centered, most aren't. Have you dabbled in post processing?

Ha ha ha, I personally LOVE vignetting. But it seems people either love it or hate it. I feel like it helps me draw attention to the subject.

I don't do any PP, I don't have photoshop...YET. My new Mac should be here sometime this week, then I'll put CS5 on it. I'm so excited. I'm only able to play around with PP on Photobucket, they have a few tools that you can play with.

Work on your composition instead of adding vignettes, trust me. Read up on the rule of thirds and such.

You know The GIMP is free and a more than capable replacement for Photoshop right?

My 2 cents.

I much prefer the tighter crop over the one with the vignette. It might be a bit tight, but I understand you are trying to work on things after shooting. Getting it nicely framed in the viewfinder will give you a crisper shot.

The image still suffers from lack of sharpness, but regardless, the composition is much better IMO

Most reactions

Back